Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Twofer Tuesday

Today is one of those marvelous days where I'm home alone and I have a hockey game on the radio and a hockey game on the TV. The only thing better would be if the TV game was in HD, but I'm not complaining.

The Aeros kicked so much butt, I couldn't even keep up with how many pushups I was supposed to do or did. I think I'm one set short, but I'm not gonna sweat it. Hmm, I think I owe a set of crunches, too, for the most recent goal by the Oilers. I'll do those.

Let's see what all went down in the Aeros game (because the Wild are losing... Garon is a damn good goalie):

  1. Johnny got into two fights with the same guy. First one, apparently took him down with one punch. Second one, he was messing with Fozzie and Mr. Big Teddy Bear Heart took exception from the bench and gave him a scholarship to the University of John Scott. :) Sounds like he pummeled him for quite a long time. Hopefully his hand is okay. And hopefully someone took video. He's huge and fabulous.
  2. The final score was 7-1 after being 0-1 at the end of the first. Talk about coming out swinging. The first three goals came within 3:16 of the start of the second period.
  3. Schaefer got hurt pretty badly just about 2 minutes in. Not good. In fact, BAD. But thank the hockey gods, we have Khudobin to call up from Beaumont. Still, you never want your All Star goalie to limp off the ice with the assistance of two other players.
  4. Brust, still a bit tender in the groin, filled in and kicked butt. We're so lucky to have such solid goaltending.
  5. Fozzie got 4 points on the night (1 goal, 3 assists) and Olvecky got 2 goals, from there it was Clutterbuck, Rosa, Ward, and Irmen... Really? Irmen? Yep. Atta boy.

Exciting game. And makes up for the Wild losing 4-1 (so far). Amazing how the Oilers are up by 3 and still playing like they're down by 3. The announcers are talking about how any time it's gotten physical in this game, the Wild could not hold their own, and if Boogaard isn't coming back anytime soon, they need to get a tough forward on the line. Ayup.

Anyway, the knees are still aching, so I've decided to take it easy on any leg work until the public skate next Monday. There's a post game skate on Friday. I RSVP'd for it but will only skate if I'm having absolutely NO pain in my knees. That ice is gonna be wrecked and bad ice is so much harder on the feet and knees. There's no deadline, so it's okay to take it easy (she tells herself).

I got FIVE hockey books in the mail today. Starting with The Code: The Unwritten Rules of Fighting and Retaliation in the NHL when I hit the sack tonight. Very excited to have lots of good hockey books to read.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP