Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Injury

So, the injury continues and I've done a bunch of nothing, other than yoga a couple of times since my last post. However, I did go see my chiro yesterday and she discovered that my pelvis is way out of alignment. So we did a little lower back cracking and some cold laser therapy on the knees, which definitely feel better today. She also gave me strengthening exercises to do daily. I'm sure the pelvis thing is why my right hip feels so jacked up when I try to do splits.

I still won't do any goaltending probably until I get back from NY. Not even sure how much skating I'll be able to do realistically. Public skates at Chelsea Piers are during the afternoons, and then add 30-45 minutes of travel time each way. Tough proposition when you have a job. Might just focus on healing up while I'm there.

My goalie stick arrived yesterday though and it's lovely. Not too heavy either. Alas, it sits with the foam (but still HARD!) pucks and rolls of tape waiting for me to be able to play again. Woe is me. Still, I've found myself turning around in my desk to admire it a few times a day today. :)

2 comments:

Jane   February 22, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

wait, you have a differnt blog now? okay, I updated my link. I wondered why you hadn't posted for a while.
Any bruises or missing teeth yet?

Ms. Conduct  February 22, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

I did have a nice fat bruise on my knee from kneeling on the concrete while playing driveway hockey (when I hurt my knees, though the bruise was a separate thing). Still have all my teeth but we got some new practice pucks and they're a little harder than I'd like. I'll be protecting my face more than before... :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP