Sunday, February 10, 2008

Goalie Knees, Angry Knees

Knees are still quite angry today, though Advil helps but truly only lasts for a few hours. I'm planning to do yoga before bed and hoping that will stretch some things out and relieve some of the tension pulling on my knee caps.

My boys lost today, but it sounds like they played hard. 1-0 in favor of the Marlies. Still watching the Wild game and have magically avoided seeing the score, so I don't know how the even score is going to turn out in the end. I am fond of Manny Legace, so it's nice to get to see him play. Even more, I notice how different Harding looks in goal compared to Backstrom. I knew immediately it was Harding just by watching his movements in relation to play going on behind the net. His movements are so fast and crisp.

Meanwhile, I found some great articles on newbie goaltending. I continue to not be deterred from this goal, and in fact, I feel even more confident that I'm approaching the position with the appropriate respect. The author hadn't skated for 20 years and showed up to play goal at a drop-in session. I can't fathom being so bold, and it appears that's a good thing.

Goaltending 101
Goaltending 102
Goaltending 201

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP