Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wild Pre-season Line-up: Game 3

Heading out to Buffalo tomorrow will be:

Brunette - Belanger - Clutterbuck
Gillies - Locke - Nolan
Veilleux - Pouliot - JSchultz
Hamilton - Sheppard - Weller - Boogaard

NSchultz - Skoula - Reitz - Cuma - Noreau - Bergeron - Johnsson

Backstrom - Harding

Very cool that so many youngsters are getting some quality playing time. Unfortunately, I have hockey tomorrow night, so I won't be able to listen to the game. *sniff* ETA: Oh, it starts at 6 so maybe I can listen to most of it before I have to leave. Wee!

Also, my final fantasy hockey draft is tomorrow afternoon. Still haven't decided whether I'm going to auto-draft and see my little experiment through, or make my own picks. I've at least eliminated all the known-to-be-injured players and all the guys on my other team. And Todd Bertuzzi and Brad May, just because I can't stomach those guys being on my team.

Post game Update:
I didn't get to listen to but about half the game and it sounded pretty dreadful. I wasn't really sorry to take the earbuds out and go to my own hockey game.

However, the cool thing is that Cal got props from Lemaire after the game, without any prompting other than, "Which young guys stood out to you?" Cuma, Clutterbuck, Pouliot, Shep, in that order. Booyah! You're a rock star, Cal!

Also, I had a spy in the crowd who was busy watching her own boys (which I totally get), but did take a picture of someone holding a Clutterbuck sign! I think he's from not too far from Buffalo (but I'm too lazy to look up where Welland, ONT is exactly), so I'm sure he had family and friends there, which is terrific for him.

Finally, I think I have a man crush on Cuma. I know I'm not a man, but it's sort of like if you met Jesus or Superman or something. Just sort of awe and excitement about him. I'm already looking very much forward to next season just because I'm guessing he'll make the team handily. Rock that shit, Cuminator!

Has M.A. Bergeron been taking lessons from Avery? WTF is up with two fights in two games? Did we know he did this kind of thing? I'm scratching my head.

4 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  September 27, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

Wow, it looks like they really like Clutterbuck.

Ms. Conduct  September 27, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

Yeah, I dunno. It's hard to say, actually. There has been plenty praise and plenty of criticism for most other players but not much said of Cal. Which is good in a way... he's just doing his thing and getting used to the speed of the NHL game but not really hurting his confidence with bad play. It's okay. It's good, I think. Obviously, I'd rather be hearing Jacques saying, "ZOMG That Clutterbuck is the best thing ever." but this is alright.

Kirsten  September 28, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Autodraft gave me Sidney Crosby. I was not pleased.

Jacques Lemaire doens't really say that about anyone. Except Skoula. You don't want Clusterfuck to play like Skoula, do you?

Ms. Conduct  September 28, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

I dunno, Kirsten. He's been really high on Gillies and a few other guys, including (much to my chagrin) Irmen. But no. I would not want to Skoulify Clutterbuck. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP