Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Skate!

Haven't had one of those in a while. But I took my skates in for sharpening during the week and had to pick them up, so why not get a skate in while I'm at it, right?

Didn't do anything novel. Just did the usual swizzle stuff, crossovers in both directions, and then a good bit of backwards. Apparently my hips are retarded because I can do a backwards c-cut with my right leg but just totally grind through it with my left.

Poor Coach Stalin just watched and watched to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong, and she kept telling me to relax my legs and hips, just go with the flow. Well, apparently you have to HAVE flow to be able to go with it.

At this point, I'm actually considering get a lesson with Coach Stalin's coach, who she calls "Kid Teacher" because he's a high school kid who learned under Andrea and then got qualified to give lessons himself. It might help to have someone who's taught a number of people and maybe has some troubleshooting experience here. I dunno. Just something I'm pondering, because backwards skating is one of the larger hurdles to becoming a goalie, and today we spent some time fooling around in the crease. Man, I'm telling you, I feel so happy in that spot. Pad me up and shoot pucks at me! Please! (But, dear green team, don't expect me to stop much.)

Anyway. Long game tomorrow night and then that's the last of the long sessions (secretly very happy about this). Feeling very neutral about it. Not excited, not dreading. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from my last game and could really use a good experience tomorrow.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP