Thursday, September 18, 2008

FU Ike (and other stuff)

Hockey news up front:

  • Fozzie did get signed with the Red Bulls. A.J. Thelen did not. Ouch! Sorry kid.
  • Going to buy my pre-season game ticket for the Aeros on Oct. 3 today. I can't imagine they're sold out but I'll cry if they are. Beg, plead, offer to pay double, stand, whatever. I need hockey and I need it as soon as possible.
  • Wild training camp starts Saturday. I'm excited to get Russo's reports from camp. He's had lots of interesting stuff from the pre-camp skates. Burnsie sure does get my blood pumping. What an exciting player he is. Should have signed him to 20 years or something. Lock that boy up.
  • My boys are in the Third Place game in the Prospects Tourney. On TV tonight, so I'm pumped. 7 p.m. NHL network against the Red Wings prospects. It goes to a dramatic shootout finish. Wee!
  • Joe O'Donnell was hired as the new Aeros voice. He's coming from the Idaho Steelheads in the ECHL and had a blog on their site, which I hope he'll do here as well. Always fun to get a little candid chatter from folks on the inside.
Other stuff:

We survived the hurricane. Got power back night before last but the phones are apparently out until October. And of course, we have DSL. So no internet, and as a telecommuter for my real job, that's kind of a problem. I'm totally out of touch. I'm spending LOTS of time at Chick-fil-a eating chicken and using their wifi. Need to find a solution closer to home though. Looks like I might can get free wi-fi from AT&T at Starbucks. The trick is finding one with the lights on. Rawr.

Other than that, I don't have much to complain about. But you know I'll find a way anyway. :)

4 comments:

BReynolds  September 18, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

FU Ike indeed.

Glad to have you back, in whatever limited capacity it may be.

Kirsten  September 18, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

Glad to hear you're safe. My dad got one of the last flights out before the hurricane hit, and it sounds like he should be grateful.

hipcheck  September 18, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

You do not know how worried I was not to have an entry from you. I was hoping that all was well. Welcome back and glad you made it through Ike.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP