Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hockey is back!

Sure, it's just pre-season, but that's as exciting to me as regular season since it merges both my worlds with prospects playing with the big club. Everything is full of promise right now. Very exciting.

Watched the Rangers at Senators and it was fun seeing Voros again. He kinda went screwball on the Wild at the end of the season and spent a bunch of time in Lemaire's chateau bowwow, but he's still just pure energy on the ice and so much fun to watch.

Great intermission interview with him, too. He's having his "new guy, great backstory, loveable style of play" moment of glory. He had it in Minnesota, too. Who else remembers the Aaron Voros as Chuck Norris thread on the Wild board? Good times.

  • Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Voros made him cry.
  • Chuck Norris does not sleep. He hides from Voros.
  • The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain. Thanks to Voros, that is now also the chief import as well.
  • Chuck Norris doesn't believe in God, he only believes in Voros.
  • Chuck Norris has never blinked in his entire life, but Voros made him flinch.
Heh.

Pardon my sentimentality. It doesn't appear much. But AV was an unwitting key player in lighting my hockey fire, both in Houston and in his move up to the Wild. No matter what, he'll always have a special place in my hockey heart. Plus, he has a spectacular ass. But honestly, it's more about the other stuff. The magnificent ass is just gravy.

6 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  September 21, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

Somthing I always thought, was that if you really loved a sport. Pre-season gets you excited just like reg-season.

It's exactly like you said. The prospects, it's exciting, who knows you could be seeing flashes of brilliance from one of the next superstars.

elise  September 21, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

I loved Voros' energy too. I'm glad he gets to enjoy his moments of joy again in NY. I got to interview him last year and he was great. Hopefully he does well with the Rangers.

Ms. Conduct  September 21, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

I remember reading that article in your blog Elise and thinking how cool it was that you got to interview him. I'm not sure I could get much more out of my mouth than, "Can I take a picture of your ass for my blog?" Though I bet he'd let me.

hipcheck  September 21, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

I love preseason. What other time can you go watch 4 hours of practice on a Sunday?

I think Fedoruk is going to be Turris' protector. He was playing on a line with him today. :)

Ms. Conduct  September 21, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

So, Hip, are you warming to my Fridge over there? :)

BTW, if there are any send-downs to San Antonio that you want to hear about from the first Aeros/Rampage pre-season game, let me know and I'll try to keep an eye out for them.

hipcheck  September 21, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Yes, we are all really liking what he brings to the ice. He's a lot better skater than I had thought previously and he is huge! He should be good on a line with our little Turris.

Oh I am sure there will be a few I will tell you to watch, mostly D and goalies. Keep an eye on Lessard, he almost got his ass kicked by Doan and Jovo today.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP