Monday, September 29, 2008

My creation for the night


Heh. The Sedins are so damn lovably creepy.

Hockey was crazy tonight. Hardly anybody was there, so we just had a loose scrimmage. No whistles or stoppages or anything. Only two forwards on the bench and one D. I ended up playing for the red team, since they were very short handed, and I carry my red Russian Ms. Conduct jersey with me for just such an occasion.

Anyway, the green team has much better players, so we got skunked big time, but it was fun and exhausting. I got dizzy a couple of times, but really hadn't been feeling well all day thanks to my neck being jacked up, which makes me feel bad all over. But I managed. Also, I got the puck a LOT. Easily more in one game than I have in 8 weeks or whatever combined. So, that was fun. Lots of shots on goal but the green team didn't have a goalie, so their D was playing goal and playing goal REALLY well. It was ridiculous. They got a stick on every attempt I made. Grr.

Still, it was fun fun fun. I wish it was always that casual (though with two full forward lines, please!) as I seem to play much better in a more relaxed environment. Or maybe I'm just relaxing in general. Nah, that can't be. ;)

I even had a couple of nifty moves, but only because the green team was letting me skate with the puck, which the red team never lets me do (or my team is so fast, I never actually GET the puck). One, I was skating in with the puck and kinda lost it off my stick but managed to kick it with my skate and keep moving with it. Normally, when I lose the puck, I lose it with gusto.

Another, I took a shot on goal and it hit the "goalie's" stick and deflected off my skate and around the side of the net, so I picked it up, carried it around behind, and shot it to the guy in the slot waiting for me. That was pretty cool. Of course, being the harbinger of doom for any scoring opportunities, I got no goals and no assists still. Sheesh. I clearly have zero offensive touch, but it was a lot of fun to try.

It was a tough game, so I'm wondering what strange places I'm going to be sore tomorrow. :) Update: Shoulder and hip (from falling). I think sore abs are on the horizon but won't hit until later this afternoon. Shoulder hurts pretty bad though.

Anyway, I'm all jacked up on a hockey high, so I think I'm going to go read this terrific statistical breakdown of the NHL that some guy did. That should be interesting/boring enough to wear my brain out.

5 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  September 30, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Ha, I LOVE the Sedin's

I laughed myself stupid. Thanks.

I really don't know if they should creep me out, or not. But sometimes I find myself in a strange fantasy world where they seem really hot... Wierd, I know.

Ms. Conduct  September 30, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Well, if that doesn't make your Otter lust seem downright reasonable, nothing will. ;)

I find them just unflinchingly creepy. Children of the Corn creepy. I shudder when I think about them.

BUT they're creepy in a harmless, campy way, so I love making fun of them. The SedinBots. I'm pretty sure they never blink either. They don't blink and they eat brains. I'm 100% certain of both these things.

hipcheck  September 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

OMG, I laughed so hard at the Sedins.

I too think they are creepy.

You need to slow down the posts, I can't keep up! I haven't even had time to finish this one. :)

Ms. Conduct  September 30, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

They're not going anywhere. :) The posts, that is. The Sedins probably aren't either. Them's tasty brains in Vancouver.

Life_As_A_Redhead  September 30, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

Otter lust. Ha, ha.

I'm going to keep that one in mind. It really describes my situation pretty accurately.

I think the Sedin thing is mostly because they are twins. And I kinda have a "thing" for, you know, twins.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP