Monday, September 22, 2008

Terrific Wild Season Preview Video

I normally don't like to regurgitate other people's stuff on my blog, but this just put a big smile on my face. Of course, no way do I think we're remotely Stanley-bound, but sometimes it's fun to push that homer hat right down nice and tight and pretend to believe unconditionally for a little while.



In other news, hockey was exhausting tonight. I'm sitting up late waiting for the Advil to kick my migraine in the ass. We only had 5 forwards and 3 defensemen, so we ran ourselves ragged playing longer shifts than usual. I think it definitely hurt us a bit as the other team had 2 full forward lines.

Still, it was fun. I didn't play so great, but had a few moments that worked out okay. Worked on screening the goalie a bit and he said I did a good job, but no goals came from it. Told him next time I'm gonna go Avery on him. He said I'll get a shove out of that. :) Of course, as I've said, while I really don't appreciate getting hit, I actually like a little shoving. Lets me know I'm in someone's way. :)

Wild training camp is into day 3 now. No cuts yet, but they let the public in today to watch and we got lots of good reports back from folks. Apparently Mikko has put on 13 lbs of new muscle over the summer. Holy hell! I'm telling ya, we need to lock that guy up for a million years when his contract comes up for extension. He and Burnzie. Lock 'em up. None of this wishy washy Gaborik bullshit.

My first fantasy hockey draft is Monday night. I'm excited for it and thinking hard about which goalies I might prefer. Got my THN Ultimate Pool Guide at the ready. Hopefully I'll do better than my fantasy football team. Jeeze Louise, does my team ever SUCK. Not to mention that I didn't have internet last weekend, so I was unable to adjust my roster for the fact that the Texans didn't play last weekend, and as a result, I had guys playing who had a bye week. Augh. No such excuse this week, other than everyone is just flat out underachieving besides Brees. Feh.

Anyway, if you have a sleeper pick in the later rounds that I should keep an eye out for, let me know. Esp. if you follow an East Coast team, since I'm a lot less familiar with that crowd.

3 comments:

Kirsten  September 23, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

All of my friends are dying about the Koivu thing. He and Burns should definitely be the two players that we hang on to forever.

I use Koivu to convert a lot of people into Wild fans. He's like my secret weapon.

Ms. Conduct  September 23, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

It actually took me a while to warm up to Mikko. I came to the Wild because of Voros and then Boogie sealed the deal. I like my hockey pretty gritty, so when I saw a few flashes of that from Mikko and Burns, they became favorites. I think Mikko's just going to get nastier (in a classy Finn way). He's got a chip on his shoulder.

Kirsten  September 24, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Yeah, I hear ya there. I was always a big Walz fan. I didn't like Mikko for a long time, but all of a sudden last season I was like, damn, what have I been missing? I don't know what it is about him, but he's definitely got something. Maybe it's being the younger brother of Saku his whole life.

I used to not be a Burns fan, he was BRUTAL on the ice, but he's gotten much better, and his little hair pulling fight pretty much cemented his place in my heart.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP