Thursday, September 25, 2008

BobbleMania!

The Aeros released their promotional schedule for the season yesterday (god forbid they do it before the game selections for partial season ticket holders are due).

It's the usual Mullet Night and Breast Cancer Night and stuff. And because it's the 15th anniversary of the team, they're doing a bunch of bobbleheads of, I guess, important players from the team's history. Okay. That's nice.

But two nights stand out to me:

The first is Election Night, where they're handing out Obama and McCain bobbleheads. I have a feeling that by election day, we're going to want to put them all in a pile in the street and send a steamroller across them. For the love of god. I watch hockey to get away from the ugly bits of life, like political elections. But it's pretty clever and might be a good draw, so whatever. Butts in seats, right?

The other, which I only noticed after a second look at the list is Friday, March 13th - Superstitious Night. HA! Now that's kinda clever. I'm not sure what that will entail, but I have to wonder how the goalies will feel about this night. Something about calling attention to their superstitions is sort of doubly bad luck, so to have a whole theme night around superstitions (though presumably not our goalies' superstitions per se), seems like it would set them on edge a little.

Then again, maybe they'll do free beers every time Brusty gets up to 50 pad taps in a single face-off tapping session? That would be awesome. For us. Terrible for him with the whole arena focused on his little ritual. We don't know much but we do have experience counting in unison.

4 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  September 25, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

Bobbleheads drive me "batty", and I am in TOTAL agreement with the "I watch hockey to escape" and "Obama & McCain/Run over them with a steamroller".

But I kind of think that superstition night is a cool idea. I don't know about the rest of the world but I have actually had some pretty great stuff happen to me on Fri. 13.

Jennifer Hammer  September 25, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

omg the superstition night is the best idea EVAR! you're right though, I can see goalies just crapping their pants over this one. You'll have to let us know what they do for this one! I love it!

PS--if they do Clayton Stoner bobbles, i will pay $ to get one :)

Ms. Conduct  September 25, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Yeah, I pretty much don't like bobbleheads either, though if I got a Mikko or Burns or Clutterbuck or Brust bobble, I'd sleep with it under my pillow, I'd love it so much.

If there is a Stoner bobble, I'll send you mine.

Jennifer Hammer  September 25, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

yay Stoner bobble! I can hope, right/ I can add it on my hockey shelf next to my signed Kolzig bobble :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP