Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lovin' Life

Some days, life just seems really good and all the I Can Has Cheezeburger cats seem LOL-funny and even Deadspin throws a morsel your way that just tickles your heart.

Like today, it is revealed that the knocked-up daughter of GOP VP candidate, Hockey Mom, was knocked up by a "a superhunky bad-boy ice hockey player." Oh SWEET! I mean, if you're gonna get knocked up at 17, for the love of God, at least do it with a ripping young hockey player. But, come on, don't marry the hoser, sugar. More here.

More delightful news, I was looking in my THN Yearbook at the list of the top 30 scorers in the AHL last season, grumbling to myself about how there were absolutely no Aeros on that list, and then I saw "Kolanos"... and then I saw "Schultz"... and then "Locke" and realized that Lynn did about as good a job as he could have getting us some offense. And they weren't even #s 28, 29, and 30!

11. Corey Locke
20. Jesse Schultz
25. Krys Kolanos

The prospect of all those goals is utterly squee-worthy. Though I wonder how our wundergoalies will respond to possibly having less pressure to pretty much stop everything. Ah, I'm sure it will be fine. *knock on wood*

Oh, and there are some exciting events on the horizon:

  1. Russoville Fantasy Football draft on Friday evening
  2. Our last 2-hour game of the year on Sunday (novice league)
  3. Traverse City Prospect Tourney Sept. 13-17
  4. Wild training camp opens Sept. 20
  5. Aeros training camp opens ???
  6. Playa del Carmen in early October (ahhh, vacation!!!)
  7. Novice league game at Toyota Center Oct. 11
  8. Opening Wild and Aeros games also on Oct. 11 (yes, I get to play hockey on Aeros ice and probably see them practicing a bit, AND go to the opening game against Chicago that night... Could a day be any better??)
  9. Cool weather arrives - Late October
More on each as the time comes but I just had to squee a little about all the exciting things on the landscape of the next couple of months.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP