Monday, September 22, 2008

Fantasy Hockey: Wild Message Board

I'm pretty happy with my WMB draft tonight. Only one pick that I'd give back if I could, but I was under the gun and just had to pick someone. First, however, I'd like to apologize to the following players because you're about to have a crap season.

Starting Lineup

C - Joe Thornton - Sharks
C - Daymond Langkow - Flames

LW - Brenden Morrow - Stars
LW - Sean Avery - Stars

RW - JP Dumont - Predators
RW -Daniel Cleary - Red Wings

D - Wade Redden - Rangers (the one I regret)
D - Marek Zidlicky - Wild
D - Tom Gilbert - Oilers
D - Johnny Oduya - Devils

Utility
C - Andrew Cogliano - Oilers

Bench
C, LW - Alexander Steen - Maple Leafs
RW - Colby Armstrong - Thrashers
C - Steve Ott - Stars LW - Todd Fedoruk (PHO)

Goalies
G - Miikka Kiprusoff - Flames
G - Mike Smith - Lightning

So, I'm a bit heavy on Stars players, but I feel like the rest is pretty nicely spread out. I'm willing to be heavy on a team I feel will be a cup contender this year. And only one Wild player, so not too homeristic. Though Mike Smith won the back up goalie spot due to his history with the Aeros, so that's kinda homery.

Anyway, I'm happy. The next one with the Russoville gang should be easier now that I've done a shit load of research. Then again, I'd said I was going to Auto-Draft one of my teams and compare the two. But it's so fun to draft! I don't think I can resist it.

UPDATE: Hated to do it but in a dream last night, I realized that I'm shooting myself in the foot to have both LWs from the same team, so I needed to have a couple of guys on the bench to fill in. Which meant Otter had to go since Steen is a C/LW and can play both roles. However, pickin's were pretty slim for LWs so I went with the homer pick: Todd Fedoruk!

Hey, if Fridge can't be on my real team, there's a spot for him on my fantasy team. Otter has better numbers but I think Fridge will improve his numbers from last year since he will be used as a skater with protection duties. A few points and nice PIM. Works for me.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP