Friday, September 5, 2008

StateofFootball

That's my fantasy football team's name. :) Figure I'm surrounded by "State of Hockey" people, I better represent the big TX, right?

Anyway, our draft was this evening. Pretty fun since I've never done a fantasy draft before. I'm happy with all but one of my choices, but we'll see how it plays out. It's all for shits and giggles anyway.

Here's my StateofFootball starting line-up (now in good Houston Texans tradition, I'll just say their first name and you all yell out their last name while "crowd cheering" noises are piped in over the loudspeakers, okay? Ready for some football? Okay!)

  • QB - Drew BREEEEES! (saw him on TV the other day thought he had a goalie face... someday I'll gloss "goalie face" for you)
  • WR - Roy WILLIAAAAAAAAMS! (Hook 'em, bitches!)
  • WR - Laveranues COOOOOOLES!
  • RB - LaDainian TOMLINSOOOON! (I got the #1 pick and he was it. Don't let me down LT!)
  • RB - Willis MCGAHEEEEEE! (okay, this is the "regretted" move... I was rushed and just had to pick someone)
  • TE - Antonio GATESSSSSSS!
  • WR - Joey GALLOWAAAAAAY! (part of my heart is still a Bucs fan)
Now, on the bench, currently, I have:
  • RB - Ernest Graham (another Buc)
  • RB - DeAngelo Williams
  • WR - Kevin Walter (who is a) hot and b) one of Matt Schaub's favorite guys to throw to underneath... he's my sleeper)
  • WR - Vincent Jackson (never heard of him)
  • QB - Jeff Garcia (don't really like him other than he's a Buc, but he's the best QB available late)
  • RB - Justin Fargas (never heard of him)
For my kicker, I picked the Texans' Kris Brown. I feel like we're gonna be kicking lots of field goals, and he's a solid kicker. Not spectacular, but he's good and has had the job since the team started.

I chose Seattle's defense because Kevin in PA told me they were good. WTF do I know? I always forget Seattle even has a team.

So, there's Ms. Conduct's StateofFootball. Go team. I guess Sunday morning, I'll need to figure out who's playing and who isn't. I've got a couple of "questionable" guys in the starting lineup.

Anyway, hopefully this is the last I'll talk about it here on my hockey blog unless something exciting happens.

3 comments:

Kirsten  September 6, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

I have two fantasy football teams, and I have no idea who is on either of them. Even if I did know, it probably wouldn't help me much.

Life_As_A_Redhead  September 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

I tried fantasy football once. It took over my life. I vowed never again. I'm not sure how long my willpower will last.

Ms. Conduct  September 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

I can see where the two hockey leagues I'm in are gonna take over my life (but hockey already does, so that's nothing new). I don't think I care enough about the football to let it overwhelm me. My only goal is to make sure I don't play anyone who isn't actually playing. If I can do that, I'll be satisfied.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP