Friday, January 22, 2010

Ridiculous

My little life lesson on fleeting greatness is eluding me tonight. I can't seem to shake my frustration that Brusty is playing such a kick ass game for somebody else's team.

I understand the business decisions and the logistics and the shitty luck of the draw, but logic just doesn't matter. My goalie is tearing it up for someone else and that just makes me want to cut a bitch.

Anyway, he was amazing tonight in the Blades 3-2 win over Gwinnett. I missed the initial goal against, which came only :24 into the first period. Oops. But he was a whirling dervish the rest of the game.

I actually missed the second goal against when Mr. C needed some help with something. I growled at him when I heard the goal. I'd like to point out, with absolutely no regard for modesty, Brusty had a shutout while I was watching.

---> Magically Delicious is, in fact, my middle name.

He stopped 31 of 33 and MANY of them (ahem, TOO many--I'm looking at you, Blades skaters) were grade A chances. But Brusty just manages to fling that big, athletic body to the right place to get a piece of the puck, regardless of how unlikely it seems.

The crowd was certainly behind him... you could feel it even watching online, so it must have been pretty electric to be there in person.

*sigh* We used to get that in Houston. Thanks for nothing, Mr. GM. I've gotta find a way to make bitterness cuter. This could get ugly.

Anyway, the three stars choosers misfired tonight and didn't give him any star even though really, this game would have gone an entirely different way without his amazing play. The radio dudes agree with me, so I'm pretty sure that makes me right.

But hopefully relief is in sight for my Brustyless existence. One more Blades game tomorrow and then presumably he'll join the team for the mid-west run next week and I'll get to practice enjoying the fleeting moment of greatness at having him "home." Or not. Fuck.

Watching the second half of the Aeros game now. Awesome that it's in Abby and so late. Even had time for a cookie between games. That's a good night of hockey and cookies, my friend.

Bethani took pictures tonight so I'll be back with photos later. Maybe I'll stack 'em all together and animate them and it will be like watching in person. No? Poop. Well, they'll still be awesome. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

artandhockey  January 23, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

It is good you are a fan...an adorer, an idolator...

Sunshine36616  January 23, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Damn it! I didn't know he was with them again! I'll take pictures next time they come.

Snikpip  January 25, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

"The radio dudes agree with me, so I'm pretty sure that makes me right."

Wait a minute! I thought you were ALWAYS right (when it comes to Barry, at least).

Ms. Conduct  January 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

Oh baby, I AM always right about Brusty. Except when I'm not.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP