Friday, January 15, 2010

Big Pimpin' Hockey Night

Shout out to my boy Jaegs, who got his 100th career win tonight with the Brahmas. It's been a frustrating year with injuries and the new kid, Joe Palmer, getting lots of starts, so it's good to get a win and reach a milestone.

Jeers to the Aeros who still just can't get their shit togther. Didn't help that Dubielewicz allowed 2 goals in the first minute of play. The IceHogs actually broke a record for the fastest two goals to start a game in the AHL era of that franchise. Sweeeeeet.

I think Anton ended up playing literally 59 minutes (except for the bit where he was pulled at the end, when I guess the boys were supposed to score THREE goals in a minute... did Corey Locke come back?) and he let in 2. Then a rather predictable empty netter for the 5-1 final (Fraser with the goal).

But to tell you the truth, I didn't watch but the final period and I barely watched that. I was still recovering from watching Brusty's game and subsequent shootout.

Apart from one scary minute early in the second just after the Blades had gone up 2-1 and Trenton put two in past Brusty in less than a minute, it was a... well, I called the Blades a lot of names, if I'm being totally honest. Hack. Fucker. Lazy son of a no-backchecking-bitch. Move your feet. (Here's Barry's quotes on the game.)

Guess it could have been worse but I felt uneasy the whole time. And then it went to the shootout and I thought, "Ugh."

But I should know better than to doubt, eh? Brusty was once again money in the shootout and got the win, allowing only 1 of 5 shots. The drama stops were a big poke and the final stop, which the video person for the Devils replayed about 10 times at the end of the game trying to figure out what exactly happened.

I watched it over and over and still couldn't quite tell. It looked like some giant slight-of-glove trick and I have no idea how the puck got in his mitt but that's where it was.

Quote of the night was from my goalie friend who just had to see this Brusty I've been pimping, since she appreciates similar qualities in a goalie. Her comment after the shootout:

"Oh god. My ovaries."

Word, girl. Word.

4 comments:

Aubrey  January 16, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

Joe Palmer? My ex-Buckeye Joe Palmer? (OK, not really mine.) I wondered what had happened to him.

Ms. Conduct  January 16, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

Yep! He got drafted by the Blackhawks, but Rockford is full up so they sent him to the Brahmas. He's playing very well.

Aubrey  January 16, 2010 at 3:06 AM  

Yay, that makes me smiley :) Sorry he's eating up your boy's minutes though.

Snikpip  January 25, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

After dude crashes into Brusty (how DARE he!) and BB hits the ice you can just see the puck laying in front of the goal line. (It's partially hidden by the top right corner of his blocker.) By the time the ref grabs hold of the net Brusty scoops it up in his glove.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP