Friday, August 7, 2009

Wow, happy Friday!

Things that are awesome about today:

  • It's Friday
  • My workout is done for the day
  • My new running shoes are FANTASTIC- No pain at all while running, other than the janky hip that I already had from Sunday's practice
  • I'm nice and sore from yesterday's workout
  • Mr.C finally got some clarity around his job situation. We have a direction to go in!
  • Hockey on Sunday is a game rather than a practice
  • I get to go to the Isles v. Kings exhibition game in Kansas City in September... trying to figure out getting to a Wild pre-season game in St. Louis while I'm up there
  • Someone sliced my blade tape in Sunday's practice so I get to re-tape my stick (this makes me feel like a real hockey player)
Things that would make today awesomer:
  • A cold front
  • Some way to make running the 3 mile Memorial Park loop more like playing hockey (OMFG, that's some boring shit)
  • Getting my hip to be non-janky (send me your hip flexor potions, please)
  • Chips, queso, margarita.... I said we'd eat at home tonight but I think I want to celebrate instead
  • More cowbell
Alright. That's enough out of me. You kids have fun. Knees bent, stick on the ice.

Wait, this post needs music. I love Will Smith, but I think only people from the north sing songs romanticizing summertime.

9 comments:

Mason  August 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

All reasons for celebration.

As for your boring run, bring along a stick and streetball to liven it up! You can deke around oncoming runners and the slower rubes on the shoulder. It'll do wonders for you eye-hand-coord, too. :D

Ms. Conduct  August 7, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

Well, it's a caliche/gravel/dirt type of surface so not good for ball-handling... um, so to speak. Heh.

Also, I'm just not willing to be that much of a weirdo. Probably wouldn't bat an eye about that up dere in Minnesotah but down here... I'd probably get arrested or something.

I think my "entertainment" will just have to be getting faster so it's over quicker.

Snikpip  August 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

Take along a portable web-cam so we can "enjoy" your run from the comfort of our desks. You'll feel SOOO much better having us along for the ride. You won't have to suffer in solitude.

Ms. Conduct  August 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Now doing a "running commentary" would actually be pretty funny because I'm funniest when I'm miserable and marginally delirious. But I'd be too embarrassed for y'all to hear me huffing and puffing. Plus, my arm would get tired of holding the camera.

Sunshine36616  August 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

What kind of shoes did you get and what kind of feet do you have? I have flat feet, like NO arches. During workouts (aerobics,dancing walking..I don't run lol) my arches are killing me! I think my shoe has too much arch.

Ms. Conduct  August 7, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Oh, I have just the opposite. Very high arches, crazy wide forefoot. These are New Balance 1062, just good sturdy cushioning runners. I even have to put in these heat-moldable insoles (except my arch is so high, I don't even bother heating them... they're perfect out of the box). http://www.archmolds.com

Runner's World and places like that should be able to give you a good recommendation on type of shoe for your foot though. I can't remember whether it's stability or motion control that flat-footed people need.

Anonymous  August 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

I woke up this morning thinking my Facebook status should be "needs more cowbell". Is the schedule EVER going to come out?

CatTrick  August 7, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

What time is your game on Sunday? I tried to go last time (power went out cuz of the storm and my cats were freaked out) but figured I'd either get flooded on the freeway or drive to the Aerodrome and discover the power out there, too).

When you run, maybe you could wear a helmet with a camera mounted to it? (think hockey cam ... ) Less conspicuous than trying to deke strangers on the trail (but not as funny) - your arm wouldn't get tired, and we'd ALL promise not to laugh as you huff and puff ...

Ms. Conduct  August 8, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

Cat, our game isn't until 9:30 this week. A late one, but I think two weeks later, we've got a 7:15 one again (a long one, too. Woohoo!) I'll post on FB about it.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP