Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shakabuku and training update



I'm sitting in the middle of my living room floor, finished with the back, shoulders and arms portion of my workout. Between watching episodes of 30 Rock on Hulu and various other distractions, I'm 2 hours into this workout now. ADD much?

And I've still gotta do abs. There's another hour, IF I focus. But I got Shakabuku in my head and sometimes the only thing to do about that is to blog it. So there ya go. The Shakabuku clip from Grosse Pointe Blank. You youngsters out there, if you haven't seen GPB, go rent it. Great movie.

Usually I'm only thinking that word when I need a little Shakabuku of my own. *sigh*

------------------------------

In other news, I'm trying something new. I'm no longer taking Monday's off from workouts, because a) I'm not as tired on Mondays as I used to be (hey, this working out thing works!) and b) I lose my momentum and can't get geared up again until Wednesday or Thursday.

So I ran yesterday. At noon. In 100 degree heat. And easily 80% humidity (it was gross). Because I knew if I didn't, I wouldn't do it at all. The good thing is that because the sun came out, I found the will to do more running to get to the next shady spot.

And more hot guys had their shirts off, and they were moving a bit slower than usual, so I had a fighting chance to keep up. I wasn't moving any slower, because I really CAN'T move much slower and still call it running, so, ya know--Win, win!

The best news is that I've got a date to get my drink on with Amanda tomorrow night at the Leaf. No hockey on the TVs, but as long as they keep filling up my Blue Moon glass and giving me orange wedges and as long as Amanda just nods and smiles while I drunkenly air my grievances and try to avoid crying about them, I'll be golden. Yay fun!

Okay, back to Abs. At this rate, dinner will be a glass of milk in bed.

7 comments:

wrap around curl  August 11, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

I love Gross Point Blank! I knew the shakabuku from that immediately.

Nice job with the work out! I need to do that myself.

Snikpip  August 11, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

It's such a relief to know that I can do my working out vicariously through you, Ms. C. I'm tired just reading about yours. I can even feel the burn...wait, that's the Chicken, Bacon & Swiss sandwich from Arby's working on me.

Ms. Conduct  August 11, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

Anybody who knows shakabuku is good people, girl!

Snik, damn, that sounds tasty. I'm hungry. Still haven't started abs. Starting to think here at 9 p.m. that they aren't going to happen. I started working out at 5:30. OMG.

Mason  August 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Considering the content, if anyone's hungry, I'd recommend an omlet without anything in it. :)

Ms. Conduct  August 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I don't want to get into a semantic argument, I just want the protein.

Sunshine36616  August 13, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

I remember "Gross Point Blank" but not shakabuku. I have a habit of not remembering movies though. My husband complains "You can remember the name of Bill and Ted's band or the theme song to an obscure 80s tv show...but not the details of the Harry Potter movie we saw last week."
I'm like Dory from "Finding Nemo."
Just keep swimming!

BTW, I'm higly offended at blogger as the word verification word I have to type to post this comment is "lards"

Ms. Conduct  August 13, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

Well, I've seen the movie 50 times probably. It's one of my go-to movies. Office Space, Princess Bride, GPB. Practically have all 3 movies memorized. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP