Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sorry boys.... I love the dogs

The boys over at T3I are rabid about the Aeros allowing dogs into the game next week. I have absolutely no issue with it, assuming (and perhaps this is too much of an assumption) that the folks have figured out how to do it as successfully as other teams around the league have done it, including San Antonio and Milwaukee. I guess we'll see.

But anyway, Joe O'Donnell took John Lammers and Matt Kassian and a video camera out to the Humane Society to see the animals and play with the doggies and pimp the special evening supporting one of my very favorite causes, animal welfare.

I remember when we went to pick out a dog at the Humane Society over here off I-10, I just stood in the room with all the puppies in cages and started crying (I'm welling up now just thinking about it) because I had to choose only one of all these sweet faces. Heartbreaking! But Major the Dog is our kid and I'm so glad we did it, even if he was the worst puppy in the history of puppies. He's making up for it by being one of the best old dawgs in the history of old dawgs.

I'm pretty even keeled and don't get too impassioned about a lot of things, but pets and hockey are right at the top of my list of things I'll get red in the face and a little unglued about if pushed. So this is prime stuff for me. Mix in some foxy hockey players getting kisses from homeless dogs... Dear me. Anyway, this one's for the girls. Check out the blonde who really really wants to go home with Matt. Can you blame her?

2 comments:

BReynolds  March 27, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

I'm with you. I went to do volunteer work at the local Humane Society. I lasted one day. I couldn't handle not bringing them all home with me. I want to punch people who abuse dogs (and to a lesser degree, cats... that's a joke), and I want to strangle the people who drop their pet at the humane society because "they don't have time for a pet."

Did you not know that before you got the dog / cat / bird? Make time. Asshole.

Good on the Aeros.

Anonymous  March 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

Awww... I watched the video and I love Flash, with his little wheelchair. Poor pup...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP