Sunday, March 1, 2009

Aeros v. Milwaukee Admirals - Game 61

Can we just never play 5 on 5 again?

The Aeros special teams are just spectacular, with the boys converting on 2 of 3 PP opportunities and staving off 7 of 8 man advantage chances for the Ads.

But there's part of the problem in this game. 8 trips to the box, some pretty legit, some kinda weak calls. Either way, you can't get shots at the net when you're spending 18 minutes a game defending your own.

Oh and speaking of shots!!!

Aeros - 12
Ads - 38


Poor Dimples, but more to the point, poor BADASS Dimples, who stopped 35 of those 38! Well done, peanut! Welcome back to the Aeros!

Anyway, the boys started the game with a 2 point lead. Danny Irmen got the first goal with help from Schultz and Rosa. Kolanos got the second from Noreau and Locke.

But as I told a chat room full of nice Ads fans and one colossal asshole Ads fan, "Don't worry. This team lives to choke away leads." And indeed, the rest of the goals would be against the Aeros.

It's hard to tell from the little window, as usual, but I felt like the boys were playing without any desperation in the second and third, making way too many mistakes, etc. I know it was the third in 3 but really, the way they mailed it in on Friday, I don't really count that game.

Anyway, next game is Thursday back at home and I'm going as a fan and bringing the Mayor of Russoville with me, so that should be fun. Unless the boys continue to play without the appropriate urgency for this time of the season and for a team teetering on the cusp of being out of the playoff picture.

Enough of this. I've got a bunch of pucks to stop.

4 comments:

Unknown  March 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Speaking of that little window... when are we gonna get a better feed from AHLLive? I'd gladly pay extra money for a better quality... doesn't even have to be HD, but just better than crappy webcam quality! UGH. Okay... /rant.

Ms. Conduct  March 2, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

Well, from what I understand, the AHL Live feed is light years better than the B2 feed they used to get. At least you can enlarge it (though I *usually* enjoy chatting with folks during the game). I don't know much about the capacity for high quality live streaming video, so it's hard to say how much better it could get.

It certainly varies by rink, it seems. QC's feed is terrible because they won't zoom in on the action from the center ice camera, but other rinks tend to do better.

Anonymous  March 2, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

I took advantage of the "freebie" day. All went well until the feed crashed with 30 seconds or so left on the game clock of the third period! The game was over, of course, by the time I exited and logged back on. Other than that hicup the AHL live was okay. I enjoyed the live chat but found myself paying more attention to it than the game so I closed it after a while.

hipcheck  March 2, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Don't feel bad. I went to the Caps game Sunday and I am pretty sure Jose "The Open Door" was worse than you.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP