Monday, March 16, 2009

Cal has a huge stick

Is any other sport so full of delicious innuendo as hockey? I nearly hyperventilated reading the second paragraph of this entertaining article on Wild.com about players relationships with their sticks, but that's just me and my filthy mind.

Anyway, Cal apparently has the longest stick on the team, which kinda doesn't surprise me. I remember two seasons ago when we had seats right behind where they put the "best seats in the house" promotion winners now (which are actually really awful seats because the team keeps the extra sticks lined up on the glass at the end of the bench completely blocking the view down the ice). I noticed then that Joel Ward's sticks were as long as John Scott's, but being a big PK guy, as is Cal, that makes a lot of sense.

Go check it out. It's a fun read.

6 comments:

Fred Trask  March 16, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Awesome read.

I know some of the unnamed player as they've come through Houston and I've noticed some of the rituals.

Ms. Conduct  March 17, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Part of me wants to know who's put a tape heart on their stick, and part of me really really doesn't.

Anonymous  March 18, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Actually the sticks are now lined up in the hallway just behind the bench.

-AiH

Ms. Conduct  March 18, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Oh NOW they change it. After I spend a season craning my neck around or watching half the game on the jumbotron. Pfft. I guess I don't have much cause to complain right now though, eh? :)

Anonymous  March 22, 2009 at 5:24 AM  

OMG, now I'm glad I forgot to send Cal's mom a link to this blog :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP