Monday, March 16, 2009

Legace Legacy

I was frittering around after writing my post-game over at T3I and talking about Peoria next weekend, when suddenly I realized: Manny Legace is the Peoria goalie.

Well, it was more like, "OMFG!!! Manny! In my barn!"


He's one of my favorite goalies. Just the picture of the underdog and perseverance and, lately, a bit down on his luck. But all the guy wants to do is play hockey, and so he takes his lumps after a mostly bad season in St. Louis and goes to the minors.

But the guy is a friggin' Stanley Cup winner, he argued with Bettman on national TV in the middle of minding the net in last season's All Star game (how is there not video of that on YouTube?), he's a little goalie (love the little goalies)... I just love the guy.

I want to get him to sign the backplate of my goalie mask, but can't bring myself to do the "wait outside the arena" thing. Hmm. Anybody got a kid I can give $20 to go do it for me? :)

10 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  March 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

You know, he's one of my favorites too.

Just always puts the game and playing it first. LOVE that!!

Fred Trask  March 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Hell I'll get it done for a $20!

Ms. Conduct  March 16, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Don't be teasing me, Fred! I'm serious as a penalty kill here...

Fred Trask  March 16, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Well it aint like I won't be next to him at least twice :P

You could always do the right thing and "tip" a stick boy to do your dirty work. :)

Fred Trask  March 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

Steve Shields, Chris Osgood, Patrick Lalime and Jesus Price will be pissed at you too.

Ms. Conduct  March 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

Man, I dunno how this shit works. Tell ya what, I'll bring two $10s and you and the stick boy can split it and figure it out.

Ms. Conduct  March 16, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

Sorry, well, Pricer's hot but he's not one of my favorites. Manny's special. Oh, Ozzie's hot, too. Anyway... When Ozzie gets sent down to Grand Rapids, I'll be all over this again.

KiPA - Kevin in PA  March 17, 2009 at 2:04 AM  

"You could always do the right thing and "tip" a stick boy to do your dirty work"

That sounds X-rated.

Anonymous  March 17, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

Way off subject....Chilling in Kowloon on a St. Pat's evening I came across a front page article from the Herold Trib entitled "Betting on a comeback for South Korean bullfighting". This may be of interest to you for two reasons. Reason one, it is bullfighting, that is bull vs. bull not men in tights and capes teasing bulls but two bulls head up in a shoot out until one bull backs down. I'll leave the research up to you but these bulls go through a training program complete with jogging and special diets. Reason two, the Korean bullfighting season runs from March to November. Other than Roller Derby, Houston summers qualify as this hockey fan's equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle. The time difference may be a challenge but I wonder if the Maple Leaf Pub can beam in some televised matches this July when betting on South Korean bull fighting once again finally becomes legal. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Ms. Conduct  March 17, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Kevin! That's the spirit!

Rob, I like the way you think. I mean, pfft. Baseball? That just isn't going to cut it.

Seriously though, I hear that the rec leagues get a little chippy out at Willowbrook. I may have to go catch a game or two to get my "faster hockey" fix this summer. I love my novice teams but it's not the most watchable hockey.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP