Monday, November 2, 2009

Pracky Sunday

Pracky's my new favorite hockey player slang. It's probably just the real hosers who use it, but nobody tell me for a while because I'm enjoying it. It's so much better than praaactice. Ugh. Practice is a drag. But Pracky? Oh! Pracky is fun!

Anyway, lots of positioning work for the skaters and butterfly sliding work for me. Scott TFCG came out and worked with me. I only said, "I'm 34 years old. I'm not doing that." one time, so I figure I was a pretty good student. Heh. We hit a lot of subjects, but it's just nice to have someone to say, "WTF do I do here?" or "I have this problem when I do this" and get an an answer on the spot.

His brother in law is in town, so he skated out and played D for me in the scrimmage. Gotta love when you have a real live Canadian playing in front of you. That's legit.

Nothing really spectacular from the night to report and I'm tired and massively hungry after eating only a granola bar and 2 flour tortillas in the last 12 hours. So, it's off to the kitchen and then bed for me to watch old epis of Trailer Park Boys while I drift off. I haven't met my f-bomb and dope-reference quota for the week, so it's essential that I work a little of that in.

Back to SLICE tomorrow night. Can't tell you how happy I am to be getting this gig on a fairly regular basis. It's a really nice, chick-friendly group and they're a good challenge, on top of the ice being such a pleasure to play on there. Though as cool as it's been, ice all over town should be getting better and better.

It was a little kludgy tonight at Willowbrook but not too bad, other than the HUGE divot in my crease. If we hadn't been close to finishing when I noticed it, I would have gotten someone to put some water in it. It was a good inch deep and 3" wide. You could lose a Ukrainian figure skater in it....
---------------------

Aeros lost again tonight. I still think this team is going to pull it together at some point. I still don't like Dubie. I wish they'd let Jaeger get in a game just to see what he can do. Oh well. When they make me the coach...

OK. Fooood. Nooooow.

7 comments:

artandhockey  November 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

Pracky? Hm, a new idiom to learn...
talking about NEW/When they make you coach?
Yep, real cool thing, this, IMO:
"The Thrashers did a pretty cool thing last week, inviting a number of bloggers to come talk to some team representatives like Chris Thorburn(notes), Coach John Anderson, GM Don Waddell and a pair of broadcasters".
That (at an Aeros invite) would have been a chance to be 'suggestive' ;-).

Ms. Conduct  November 2, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Hey, who are you calling an idiom? ;)

I'm always suggestive, you know that. Haha!

Dear KC,

Please play Jaegs so he doesn't rot away riding the pine his whole stay here.

Sincerely, Ms.C

Sunshine36616  November 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Yeah, I wish I had been invited to interview Chris Thorburn! I guess I'm not cool enough yet. I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of Thrashers blog.
Not sure if I can get behind the term "pracky" but I did get you some Neal Candy on my blog!

artandhockey  November 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

M is for MS.Conduct....
Just, please, don't drop the gloves on me..am NO Sid, the kid, LOL.
That was a 'fun' fight to see for sore eyes even if only on video, or was it?

Ms. Conduct  November 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

NEAL CANDY!!! WOOHOO! Off to look...

I think I could beat up Sidney, but probably not. He's tougher than he gets credit for. Zidlicky isn't.

Anonymous  November 2, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Real live Canadian ;) that's so cute! It's been about 3 years since Adam has played last but he's got decent wheels still. I expect if he played on a regular basis he'd do great as he is a smart player. He played in highschool for the equivalent of a travel team, AAA Calgary Canucks so last night he really toned it down but had a great time. Only turned it on when Sutton was coming down on you but wanted to let some of the other guys still get some shots off at you.

Ms. Conduct  November 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

He did great for not having played in so long. He definitely has the moves of a guy who played somewhat competitively. You can just see it in the way he skates. Subtle little things. It was fun watching him.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP