Friday, October 30, 2009

Quick Hits: Live Blog, goaltending, whining, etc.

Just a heads up, one of the sites I write for, Wild Nation, is doing a live blog during the game tonight. Russo says Gaby is waaaay questionable for playing, but we'll be there mocking him one way or the other.

Suck on that, ya glass-groined hack! (Kidding, I really don't have an issue with Gaby, especially since he's been good to my fantasy team thus far.)

------------------------

This got posted on one of the blogs I read today. Sorry for not crediting them but I don't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look. Anyway, I do so enjoy watching skaters fuck up their attempts to outsmart goalies, so this video of the top 10 worst shootout attempts made me feel warm and evil inside.



----------------------

One of my tasks for the day is to write my PHN article, which I've been putting off hoping that the Aeros would give me a sign as to their personality. And they did, but it's more of a gut feeling I have rather than something I can point to. So, now the strug-gle is to find a way to quantify that feeling objectively. Hmm.

Bottom line is my gut feeling is this team will be okay.

----------------------

Can I take a sec to whine about things that hurt on my body?

  • The gnarly bruise on my leg is ... gnarly. Huge and unpretty, but still rad. Just wish that shot hadn't gone in.
  • Both knees have been hurting on the outside (like ACL or IT Band) the last two days. Gonna do some stretching and see if that helps.
  • I whacked myself in the head getting my leg pads out of the car Sunday and that left a cut on my eyebrow.
  • I'm coughing stuff up from that cold and still kinda tired from it.
  • My tweaked ankle is still tweaked and makes me nervous shuffling to the left (which I've never been very good at anyway). Murgh.
  • My left shoulder has been hurting for 3 weeks now. No clue what I did to it. Definitely some kind of rotator cuff thing.
BUT I got invited to play again on Monday at SLICE, so another 3 in 3 for me, baby. LOVE! IT! Though at some point I'm going to have to get another set of underclothes. I have 2 pair of yoga pants. Will just have to put knee pads in the second pair and maybe hit up Target for another long-sleeve wicking top.

For 10 months, I've never worn any shirt but my Portland Marathon finisher's shirt under my goalie gear. It's held up great but it probably does need a friend to take the load off and I'm not as desperate for the "proof that you can do anything you put your mind to" boost it gave me when I first started.

--------------------------

You know what's awesome? I thought we were dangerously low on toilet paper in the house and I was gonna have to make a dreaded Costco run, but I found a stash of 12 rolls in the downstairs bathroom! Woohoo!

Seriously, it's the simple things.

---------------------------

Aeros play tonight in addition to the Wild. This will be 3 games in 4 nights for Dubielewicz. He's not exactly a brick wall on a good day, so perhaps there's a change of scene in goal, either to start or during the game if it gets away from Dubie? We shall see. I'm excited.

2 comments:

Aubrey  October 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

As a person who is on their way out the door on an emergency laundry detergent run, I'm jealous of your toilet paper.

And you've got to make up a better story for your eyebrow, or at least say "it's a hockey injury" if people ask!

artandhockey  October 30, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Oh, boy, that VANEK lost gaol..
BAD boy from Austria missed!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP