Monday, November 9, 2009

Hot and bothered, plus some Clutterbutter to spread on your Monday

So I'm finally catching up on my Google Reader news and seeing that the GMs are considering ditching the trapezoid that prevents goalies from playing the puck other than directly behind the net.

And I have to admit, especially after reading Razor's take on it with regard to Marty Turco, who already sends me into a frenzy with his third D-man shtick, to think that my favorite goalies, those lovely puck-movers, would be free to "roam the zone" and maximize their talents truly has me hot and bothered.

Dear GMs,

Vote YES on Prop 69, Removal of cock-blocking trapezoid bullshit rule. RAWR!


Sincerely,

Ms. C
As much as this is WAY less important than putting in place rules around hits to the head (love the "waiting for someone to get killed first" tactic the league is taking, BTW), this is one item for which I'm following the bureaucratic/political/horseshit end of the game with rapt attention.

--------------------

A wee Clutterbutter update for ya. Google Alerts found me this video (15 freaking minutes!) of him working out, skating, etc. The video was so jerky for me, I could barely watch it but maybe you'll have better luck.

Also, here's an update from the Wild on the Mo-Bros aka the godawful mustaches the boys are growing (for a great cause, so I'm trying not to make too many faces about it).

Cal looks like a Muppet. Those eyebrows + the stache. I dunno. Sorry Cal. I still love ya, and searches for "cal clutterbuck girlfriend" are not remotely on the downswing, so I think you're good to go. As one Russovillian put it today, "clutterbuck could fornicate with a minor at center ice and people would stand and cheer." So, you know, wear them whiskers any way you want.

Kobasew, OTOH, looks like goddamn Brad Pitt, which if I thought Brad Pitt was hot, I'd be really impressed. Maybe I'm impressed anyway, just not particularly interested.

-----------------

Call off the dogs. I've ordered a new car charger for my XM radio. Only a few more days of Houston radio. The "good" station I settled on last night was playing Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA remix when I got in the car today. *sigh* The search continues.

UPDATE: AHHHH! After scouring my car, I found the missing piece of the charger! Order canceled (hopefully) and XM back on the air in the Ms.Conductmobile! It's a Party in the USA!

7 comments:

JL  November 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

I thought the same thing about Kobachewbacca.

I wonder what actual hockey players think about head hits compared to regular spectators...

Sunshine36616  November 9, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

I would love it if they got rid of that damn trapezoid!! Some of our guys are growing those damn Mo-statches, too. It's for a good cause I guess!

artandhockey  November 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

I feel the one of GREAT SCOTT's is cute, he kinda looks like an 007 of the past, and so deceptively mild, (which he is OFF ice, LOL).

Elbow or any hits to head are sneaky and dangerous Helmet or no Helmet.... OUT I say!

Ms. Conduct  November 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

You bring up a good point.... guys need to be wearing their helmets so they STAY ON when they're hit. Makes me crazy about Clutterbuck. That bucket just pops off his head from a stiff breeze.

artandhockey  November 9, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Why is that? Too sissy, ahem, manly to strap it down properly...just kidding!

walkinvisible  November 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

i think it's adorable in a puppy sort of way that you guys are just growing to love the cuteness that is chucky kobasew.

:)

Ms. Conduct  November 9, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

LOL Honestly, I've watched the Wild so little this season due to playing hockey and having to watch the Aeros, I keep forgetting he's on the team. Of course, I'm permanently dialed into the Clutterbuck Channel...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP