Sunday, June 29, 2008

Suddenly Florida?

We've had thunderstorms every single day here in Houston lately. Kinda weird as it seems like usually summers go more in a drought/flood/drought/flood cycle. I actually prefer this in some ways because my garden is even lower maintenance without having to water it, plus it cools things off nicely. But the dog is terrified of thunder so we get trapped at home sometimes in order to calm him so he doesn't tear up the house.

Anyway, Coach and I hit the driving range and then I helped her tear some vines out of a tree behind her house. All I needed to hear was Coach--Ladder--Alone and I knew I wasn't willing to risk that. She never gets hurt playing hockey... it's always some harmless thing around the house. And I don't like when she's injured, so I held the ladder and performed other safety duties, along with yanking vines. Needless to say, between those two activities, I'm done for the day. Of course, I sucked at the driving range. Never should have tampered with my swing because now I can hardly hit anything. Ugh. I quit with several balls left and one sitting on the tee. I swung at it twice, and missed it twice, and decided I was done for the day. FU golf ball. See if I care.

At least I didn't hurt myself this time, though it didn't work out any soreness.

Man, I'm watching the NHL Network and on the bottom scroll they're showing potential UFA left wings and Fridge's name just came up. :( Oh, and there's Voros. *sigh*

9 comments:

hipcheck  June 30, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Nice blog. I take it you are an actual hockey player or learning how? That's cool, I have a friend thats learning too. She makes it sound like a lot of fun!

Ms. Conduct  June 30, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

I'm learning to skate and ultimately want to play goal. Glutton for punishment, apparently. :) It IS just crazy fun.

hipcheck  June 30, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

I would want to be a goalie or defense. I love watching them stop goals. I'm weird, I go to games to watch how they keep the puck out of the net!

I'm starting to think about taking some lessons.

Life_As_A_Redhead  June 30, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

I am SO Jealous...

You can actually go and skate...

I live right in the middle of the Stars, Aves, & Blues. It's over 300 miles in one direction to any of the 3.

NONE of my friends, even know what hockey really is and my family thinks I'm nuts...

Ms. Conduct  June 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Oh bless your heart, Red. You need to move. Further away from the Avs... toward Manny or Marty. ;)

Life_As_A_Redhead  June 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Hush, don't mention Marty, he looks like my dad, and I still find him strangly hot.

(Twilight Zone Music Plays)

Oh, and don't worry I detest the Aves/Theodore...

Ms. Conduct  June 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

So it's YOUR dad he looks like!! I knew he looked like someone's dad. He and Morrow converted me into a Stars fan (second favorite team) during the playoffs. Marty is just off the fucking hook the way he plays. Incredible.

Ugh. The Avs. Hate the team. Hate their fans. I really hope the Wild get Brunette back from them. Appears to be in the works.

Life_As_A_Redhead  June 30, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

Brunette is the single redeeming thing about the Aves. The only other 2 hockey fans in this area, are 1 Aves fan, and 1 wings fan. The Wings fan, didn't even know it was Stanley Cup time. Jesus...

I REALLY want to move, as soon as possible. My job sucks, and I need a new one badly. Preferably somewhere I can join a REAL gym.

It is so not fair, that you REALLY get to play hockey. (green with envy)

Ms. Conduct  June 30, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

Well, I don't play yet, but when I am eventually worthy of my own crease, yeah, I will be able to. :) Though really, for such a big city, it's very hockey-player unfriendly. I'll have to go to Dallas when I'm ready to buy my goalie gear. Can't get anything but sticks here. Lame...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP