Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quick Hits: Wild player grades; NHL screws Foster; More Aeros photos

In the spirit of giving credit where it is due, even if I'm not a fan in general, Derek Felska over at MVN.com writes a great mid-season report card for the Wild roster. Well observed, well written, very balanced, and it's always interesting to see where your own opinion lines up with something like this.

-------------------

Great article today in the Strib about how the NHL has turned down a plea from Kurtis Foster to get longer than 2 weeks in the AHL.

I appreciate that rules are rules, but I like his idea of having an exception in the rules around how long a player is out with the injury. And really, I don't think anyone would fault the league for making an exception here and now. In fact, I think it's pretty bad PR (after already creating some pretty bad PR around suspending Lidstrom and Dots for not going to the ASG) for them to not make an exception.

--------------------

Here are some more nice photos NOT by Fred from last night's Aeros game. Good stuff.

4 comments:

Fred Trask  January 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

I'm loving me some Russo (my fav NHL hockey beat writer who does an AMAZING job covering the Wild) but I almost spewed all over the keyboard with this bit on the Foster issue

"Yet he has reached the final leg of this agonizing journey, and he has to deal with unnecessary pressure. "

If that was on purpose I'm groaning :)

Nice pics too.

Ms. Conduct  January 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

Yeah, I got hung up on that, too. I'm going to assume it was not on purpose.

Anonymous  January 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Ms. C, please take great care of Fozzie when he comes down to Houston to do his two weeks. Please keep us up to date on how he is doing.

Thanks.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP