Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh, and a few other things...

Criminy... I tried to go to bed and still couldn't sleep. I'm WIDE AWAKE and it's 4:22 as I type this. Ugh. Tomorrow (today) is going to Suuuuuuck.

Anyway, for anybody who thinks I'm a huge bitch about Pouliot, take a gander at the Houston reaction. Now, granted, the IA forum is often overly negative, IMO, so grain of salt, but still. It ain't just me who's prickly about the guy.

Blessedly, the John Scott bashing has died to a trickle there. I finally had to take the site out of my regular rotation and just check in occasionally, it was fouling my mood up so bad.

---------

My knees hurt. That's actually a good "sign of progress" thing.

---------

I can't even express how much I want a greasy cheeseburger right now. That bowl of frosted mini-wheats I just had was so unsatisfying.

----------

We live in a 3-story house, and I've been taking the stairs two at a time lately because that seems to work similar muscles to the ones I use when I'm getting up off the ice. I think it helped. I wasn't AS sucky in that regard tonight.

----------

The dog is snoring LOUDLY on the couch here next to me. Adorable.

-----------

I'm wondering if confidence might be a bad thing when I have a good warm-up. Warm-ups are always just one puck, one shooter, which I'm ok with. It's when they get me moving, either by passing or setting up in a way where a pass could easily burn me, that it all goes to hell and I can't decide what to do.

I also let in my first totally screened goal tonight. It was one of Stinky's. My d-man scooted right in front of me and the guy has a pretty quick release and it just went through both our feet. Where was my stick? Not on the ice, I can tell you that. Dammit.

------------

Okay, I'm putting On The Fly on and gonna see if I can work up some ZZZZZs like the dog is knocking out here next to me.

3 comments:

KiPA - Kevin in PA  January 19, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

"I finally had to take the site out of my regular rotation and just check in occasionally, it was fouling my mood up so bad."

That sounds familiar. Different site though.

BReynolds  January 19, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

"That sounds familiar. Different site though."

Yep. Exactly.

"We live in a 3-story house, and I've been taking the stairs two at a time lately because that seems to work similar muscles to the ones I use when I'm getting up off the ice."

Yes it does. When my dad was my coach he used to make me run up and down the stairs at the rink... in high heels. Try that...

"Where was my stick? Not on the ice, I can tell you that. "

STICK ON THE ICE!!!!!

Ms. Conduct  January 19, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

In HEELS? Your dad was a meanie. I'd break my neck doing that!

I thought I'd noticed a lack of Buddha in Russoville. You're both missed. I wouldn't be missed in IA. I'm okay with that. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP