Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

For the first January in my adult life, I'm starting the new year with no resolutions. None. Not even the "would be nice" kind that I don't say out loud but kinda keep in my pocket and hope for.

And can I just say, it feels so good to start a new year without guilt, pressure, or baggage? It feels great, actually.

That's not to say I don't have goals. I've got a ton on my plate professionally and, of course, even more dear to my heart and mind is playing goal. Those two things alone are enough to keep me challenged through 2009.

Part of me wonders if I'm selling myself short by not putting more pressure on myself, but then the other part of me (okay, 99% of me) is enjoying this "light" feeling of not entering a new year with an agenda.

I'm ready to go, bitches.

6 comments:

BReynolds  January 2, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

"I'm ready to go bitches."

Oh... it's SO on, now.

BTW, you going to tell about these new guys on the roster? Whoever they signed and called up?

Life_As_A_Redhead  January 2, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Glad to see, that I'm not the only one who did this.

I've always taken NY resolutions really seriously in the past. But not this year, I'm go'in w/ the flow...

Ms. Conduct  January 2, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Which new guys? Smith and Adams?

tami  January 2, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

I have never in my life made a New Year's resolution and I don't intend to start now. Welcome to the dark side.

Ms. Conduct  January 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Would that I'd been born with such wisdom. It's my obedient nature (which takes its leave of me a little more with each passing year) makes me want to do what people think I should do. Ugh. Screw people!

tami  January 2, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Yeah, I hate people. But you knew that.

Wisdom, stubbornness. Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP