Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ms. Conduct finds religion

Dear Hockey Gods,

Your messenger, Mike Russo, delivered unto us some news tonight that I'm having difficulty coming to terms with.

See, I know sending Ben back to Houston is your will and I understand the reasoning. He's just not ready for the NHL and is too expensive to sit in the press box night after night.

But... Blessed Ones... we've been so good in Houston. We've tried hard and have a bunch of nice guys who seem to get along and are building good chemistry on the ice and are "on the same page."

And we've sacrificed! Oh how we've sacrificed! We gave the Wild our biggest, third-handsomest defenseman during our nastiest road trip. We gave you our beloved Clutterbuck, who is possessed with your spirit unlike any other. We even sent you our strange-but-fierce Kolanos, who was so pivotal to our worship services at the Toyota Center.

*sigh*

But I understand that this is our cross to bear. I just ask for your help in keeping the darkness out of our hearts as we learn to accept the hand we've been dealt.

In the name of Gretzky, Orr, and the ghost of Sawchuk. Amen.

~Ms. Conduct

7 comments:

Jennifer Hammer  January 15, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

I've already told you I'd comfort him and take him off your hands.

But I had to note that our barn is also the Toyota Center. craziness.

Ms. Conduct  January 15, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

Be my guest, honey. Maybe I can intercept him at the airport in the morning. I have just enough miles to buy him a one way ticket to your doorstep. Hope you like your hot French hockey players angry because he will be.

I've noticed the TC connection. I bet yours is better for watching hockey though. Our TC is a basketball-oriented dud.

Anonymous  January 16, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

Will be interesting to see if Ben shows tonight (man, I am ready for some hockey!). If he does, I'm going to give him a fair amount of attention. It's not every day I get to see a crazy mad French type guy on skates swinging a bladed stick. Like the preacher said, he can get bitter or get better.

BReynolds  January 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Your loss is once again our gain up here in MN.

While I understand the sadness and frustration of getting such a high caliber loser back on your squad, I hope you can accept that it is for the good of the entire organization. No? Well, it was worth a shot.

Maybe there is an ECHL team is desperate need of a prima donna with little or no real talent????

Or the KHL. That's my bet. He'd fit right in over there.

(One final HA HA moment... my capcha to post this is crapp)

Jennifer Hammer  January 16, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

as a matter of fact, I love my hot French hockey players angry. There, my fetish revealed.

Ms. Conduct  January 16, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Well! Have I got a fella for you!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP