Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More love for Cal from the Pio

Ahhh, I was needing a fresh Cal infusion. Thanks Bruce Brothers!

A little taste:

Lemaire believes Clutterbuck more than makes up for his shortcomings with his attitude.

"You can accept a lot of things," Lemaire said, "because his heart is right there, on the ice, when he plays."

Shortcomings? Cal has shortcomings? Pfft. Old man's talking crazy. ;)

Another thing I've been meaning to mention is the funny mutations of his name that Wild fans have come up with.

I think those of us in Houston are kinda used to his unique name. Sorta like how we don't still put on our best Spicoli voice when we say Stoner's name (and then laugh like we're the first ones who ever thought to do that). Though I will admit, when he's wearing the C, I do still get a chuckle calling him Captain Stoner. Sounds like a bad cartoon from the 70s. You can always tell the Aeros game newbies by: a) how funny they think the name Stoner is and b) how awesome they think John Scott is for being huge and mean looking. I know. I know.

Anyway, the Clutterbuck bastardizations irritated me at first, but it got to be such a sport, it really makes me laugh now and I wish I'd been keeping track of them. They get pretty absurd: Buttertruck, Cluttersnaps, Clutterduster, Clutterbunny, Flutterpuck, Stuttercrutch, Buttercrack... And those are just the ones that go back into mid-December in Russo's blog comments.

Okay, maybe I'm just easily amused.

Okay, there's no maybe about it.

Shut up.

4 comments:

John Royal  January 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Wait a minute, I still do that with Stoner's name, and I'm not a newbie. Easily amused, yes. Newbie, no.

Ms. Conduct  January 13, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

LOL Alright, I'm calling you the exception to the rule. I still think it's a solid rule of thumb.

Anonymous  January 13, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

clusterf#$k is still my favorite - because well he is kind of one flying into a corner. it's the military guy in me. Love the guy tho.

Ms. Conduct  January 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Yeah, I think that's the one a lot of people have to concentrate to avoid saying accidentally. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP