Thursday, April 1, 2010

I love Mondays!

So, I'm not much of a goal setter. That's so Type A. I figure, if I want something and something is meant for me, it will happen, or it won't. So far so good with that strategy, but then I don't run with the high-flyers much, so I guess to each her own.

However, I really really REALLY wanted to be in the main rotation for my Monday night drop in. I've been playing this drop in for probably 6 months and it's always been on an "emergency" basis, where the regularly scheduled person couldn't come or whatever and I don't find out I'm needed until Friday or the weekend or even Monday.

But now I've got an actual schedule for the month. I'm pleased as punch. Only thing better would be if I could play every week, but I'm sure the occasional break from it will make me appreciate it more.

---------------------

This is my only night off this week. I'm ordering pizza. Pepperoni, sausage, and pineapple like I've been craving for 2 weeks. Then I'm watching hockey. But first....

---------------------

Coach Scotty tells me it's time to shift from playing hockey to work out to working out to play hockey.

I'll tell ya, I hate working out. That's why I love hockey so much. Because it never feels like a workout. It feels like playing a game during which I get very sweaty and earn cheeseburgers.

Crunches and pushups feel like a goddamn workout and I don't like them. But I know I need to do it. So, before the pizza and before the hockey, I'll do some core and upper body work. Especially since I'm not playing until maybe Tuesday, if at all this week, so I gotta do something.

But I insist on hating it every step of the way, because that seems productive.

-----------------------------

I wrote about Darcy Kuemper's pro debut last night and I kinda like how it turned out. Go read it. If you want.

He's a cute kid, but for 20, I do mean kid. He'll be getting carded until he's 35. He's tall (have a cheeseburger tho, honey) but just a baby face. So young that I would actually feel creepy being attracted to him, so lucky you, Darce, you're off the hook. You landed in the "Maternal" bucket rather than the "Lusty" bucket. Phew. Frankly, I'm a little worn out from all the unrequited lust this year. It takes a toll on a girl.

-------------------------------

Alright fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Off to work out. *gag*

1 comments:

In net in Nashville  April 2, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

As far as workouts go, martial arts is tailor made cross training for goalies. Think hand eye foot co-ordination, reflexes and flexibility. Many schools offer 6-8 week trials at nominal prices and almost all let you try a few classes free. My personal favorite was Tae Kwon Do, due to the emphasis on legs (kicking). I enjoyed it so much I kept on for 8 yrs.
You don’t even have to motivate yourself. If you just show up and follow directions, you WILL get a workout.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP