Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Everybody Huuuuuurts... sometimes

Damn. So, I didn't want to write about this but I have to to purge it. I dunno how other goalies do it. I can't let go of the bad without writing about it. Even a beer didn't fix it (but did help me get to sleep at a reasonable hour last night).

So, everything that was great about Sunday was horrible about Monday. My timing was off, my skates hurt, my blades felt like they were sharpened at like 1/4 or something. Felt like skating on thumbtacks rather than blades.My shins and calves and ankles were burning in warm-up. My pads felt enormous and awkward and in the way.

And then I started playing and some things got better (the burning) and some got worse (the other burning). I was so bad in the first half, I nearly had a panic attack without even having any caffeine! I was just playing so bad that it was better to think maybe I have a brain tumor or something rather than accept that I simply suck this bad.

Didn't help that I'd been up since 4 with no nap, and that blessing to all women, PMS, was starting to pump evil through my veins. It only lasts for about 24 hours but when I'm PMSing, I feel like someone else. Like I'm out of my head with inexplicable rage. I didn't hit peak rage until I was driving this morning and nearly got t-boned twice in the span of about 1/4 mile. *kaboom* But it was definitely making me squirrely last night.

Anyway, the only thing good that happened was successfully using a tool I picked up watching Brusty's camp last summer. There were a couple of attempts to shoot the puck from the side of the net to the slot and I learned watching that camp to put my stick out in the shooting lane and cut them off.

Normally, they either just shoot elsewhere or they're shooting a bit wide of how far I can reach but last night, TWICE, they shot it right into my stick. This is why I use white tape. :) Both times, it was picked up by my D and carried out.

But that's it. Everything else was miserable. One of those nights where after the game, nobody really talks to the goalie because there's no "good game" to say. We all know it was craptastic. Let's just talk about baseball. (Speaking of which, woo! Go Jays! Except for the home opener which they lost. Sorry Canada.)

I'm done for the week though. Opera tonight and then back to some regular workouts the rest of the week.

This is probably what I get for finding it hysterically funny when the Aeros played "Everybody Hurts" when the Aeros got scored on late in the season. LOL Okay, it's still funny.

3 comments:

Jennifer Hammer  April 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

take it from someone who knows, you definitely do not want a brain tumor. Being a Jays fan is punishment enough ;)

Ms. Conduct  April 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Yeah, I've been through that with another friend. It's awful. If I do, it's probably puck shaped. Ha.

maalivahti  April 20, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

I know EXACLTY what you are talking about right down to the PMS part. And man does that suck (all of it). Oh yeah and the white tape. Muahaha. ;)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP