Monday, April 19, 2010

Two two two games in one!

Boy was that a frustrating game tonight. I mean, not Dan Boyle frustrating, but still frustrating.

Game was 3-1 into the third period. It's all love and pad taps and "Woo goalie!" from my team. I'm in the zone and getting great defense from my team.

Then they get 2 quick ones on me midway thru the third and the floodgates opened. We ended up losing 4-5. Then played an extra (refless) period and I lost that, too.

Most of the late goals came on odd man rushes, so I have to keep that in mind while I beat myself up.

I'm trying to just be happy about the 50 mins or so I played well, but you goalies know how it is. It SUCKS to bomb out at the end of a good game, but I needed more help than I was getting at the end. More importantly, I should have recognized the situation and talked myself up for it and gotten refocused for the different type of game I was seeing in my zone.

I'm sure I was playing too deep by the end, as I usually do when I'm feeling frustrated.

Ahhhhh wellllll. It is what it is. Gotta shake it off and be ready for tomorrow night.

Here's one thing I know: My next vehicle will have 4 wheel drive. Rained hard all the way to the rink and back. White-knuckle!

Another thing I know: Cookies will not give me the end of that game back. So, I'm not making any. #fatgirlaffirmations

I'm in a Hip mood.

5 comments:

maalivahti  April 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

I know exactly how you feel. Absolutely hate the "floodgates opening" thing. Argh. Gotta love the taps on the pads though. Best ever.

Ms. Conduct  April 19, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

Yes, I do love the love from my team. And I did have some really big stops, but I still get distracted by all that attention. I try to put it out of my head but I still manage to lose focus. Grrr!

Nick  April 19, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Sounds like my playoff game last week minus the fact our team never got anything going until too late! We were down 5-0 at the half and ended the game 7-3 finally getting some help in the last 4-5 minutes.

Afterwards, one of my d-men said he quit counting the 3 on 1's we faced after he got to 6. I just responded by taking a deep breath, biting my tongue for awhile and then said 'Yep, pretty much'!

No more playoffs for me (obviously) until next season starts up 4/28. :(

Ms. Conduct  April 19, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Aww, sorry about that Nick. Rough night. But hey, you stopped a bunch of 3 on 1s if it only got to 7 at your end! :)

walkinvisible  April 20, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

totally wrote a post about you over at mine... apparently there's nothing to talk about when your team sucks and you don't play the game yourself...

best.
x

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP