Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quick Hits: Links, Sore, Tuesday, Birthday

Urgh. So much negativity last night, I need to bury it with goodness and light.

So here's some stufft:

If you enjoy reading post-game goalie analysis like mine (aka the Post Game Unburdening), please to check out my girl Maalivahti's blog, From the Couch to the Crease. It's all about the many highs and lows of goaltending and is great stuff.

My favorite Flames fan, WalkInvisible, threw some love my way on her blog yesterday and it made my day. Check it out. I hate ALL OVER her goalie and she still likes me. That's the mark of a BAMF in my book.I'm not that cool. If you dumped on, say, Brusty? We're done talking. Buh-bye.

-------------------------

My whole torso is sore. What is that about? Feeling very much in need of chiropractic. My hip and lower back feel janky, I'm sore in weird places, especially considering how absolutely NOTHING I did last night at drop-in. MFers. Anyway, all that usually means I've got something out of whack. I've had a few clumsy butterflies lately that have gone a bit Bambi on me. That always makes things feel out of whack. Maybe yoga will fix it.

-------------------------

I'm such a liar. I've already committed to going back to drop-in next week. Someone owes me money and it's just $5 and normally I'd say forget about it, but what the fuck. That's half a skate sharpening, so whatever. Plus, I already know I'll be flying solo, so I might as well go play some puck while I won't bug anybody by rolling in at midnight.

Looking on the bright side, at least I learned of the glory of pineapple on pizza thanks to Tuesday drop-in. Seriously? My biggest regret in life so far is going nearly 35 years without trying that. I honestly just thought Hawaiians and hippies put pineapple on pizza.

--------------------------

Speaking of 35, my birthday is Sunday. I feel way too fucking stupid to be 35.

But I think that's the goaltending slump talking. Amazing how that colors everything. What's the opposite of rose colored glasses? Crap colored? I dunno. Maybe the hockey gods will bring me a good game Sunday. That would be the best gift of all.

Good news is that the Aeros are out of it so they can't lose on my birthday like they have the last 2 years. Win!

5 comments:

maalivahti  April 21, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

Thanks for the shout out! I'm definitely going to check out your Flames fan friend's blog too, and not only because I love Kipper. :P

As for the slump- stop thinking about it. Yeah i know, don't think about a pink elephant. Music always seems to jar me out of mine. I'll just hear a song in a different way and it'll make me feel all badass and unstoppable and viola, end of slump.

Ms. Conduct  April 21, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

I think I'm completely discarding the good stuff I'm doing and letting the bad stuff weigh me down. Need to read my mental training materials and get on the positive track again.

Goody  April 22, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

"nd it's just $5 and normally I'd say forget about it, but what the fuck. That's half a skate sharpening, so whatever."

$5 is half a skate sharpening? Like you pay $10 to get your skates sharpened?!

I don't know much about goalie skates, but around here, 'regular' skates are $4-$5 depending on where you go. And seeing as how you're getting a 'regular' hollow (I think I read 1/2 inch?)...

But then goalie skate blades are thicker so...

Ms. Conduct  April 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Yeah, welcome to the Hockey Wasteland. There's no competition so skate sharpening is expensive. It's actually $15 for goalie skates where i go, but last time they charged me 9, so I'm hoping I can catch the dumb girl who doesn't know that goalie skates cost more every time I pick them up.

One of the guys on my Sunday team has a sharpener and apparently does a good job but I see him the first day of my 3 in 3 so it never makes sense to have him do it. He only charges $5. It's cheaper at my Sunday rink, too, but it's 25 miles away so not very convenient esp since they can't do it while I wait.

So, given there are only 3 or 4 places to get your skates sharpened in all of Houston, you can imagine it's a little pricier.

maalivahti  April 22, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

$8 - $10 for goalie skates here in NJ too

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP