Friday, April 16, 2010

Jon B. Quick

Can I nom on Jonathan Quick for a bit? Jesus Mary and Joseph.... what a goalie. And not my usual heart-attack, ornery type of goalie either. I like to think that my taste for goalies is expanding a bit, though if you consider my "goalie fetish," as Bourne calls it, that might also be a little scary.

Someone on Twitter last night compared him to Kipper, which burns. I don't like Kipper at all. That mayyyy have something to do with how badly he screwed me in a couple of fantasy leagues 2 seasons ago. I mayyyy be a bit of a grudge holder. Mayyyybe.

Still, there's nothing lovable about Kipper. He's shady and greasy and a diva (see: 2010 Olympics - Team Finland).

In fact, I've now thought about him for too long and need brain bleach.


Don't you wish your goalie was fat like Marty?

I just realized why Marty gets me so hot and bothered. He looks so much like this really sketchy boyfriend I had in junior high. Big football player. Dumb as rocks. A real shit, to be honest, but... remember that episode of the Simpsons where Lisa falls for Nelson? It was kinda like that. Oh my poor mother was so disapproving, at least of the stuff she knew about. Ha.

Anyway, really similar features to Marty. This guy is also the reason Stetson cologne turns me into a drooling beast.

Ever feel like you've said too much?

15 comments:

Unknown  April 16, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Also, let's be fair, Brodeur's sheer amazingness in net is enough to get anyone bothered *g*.

Ms. Conduct  April 16, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

Truth. He is amazing in many many ways.

Anonymous  April 16, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

does Mr. C read the blog? LOL, he could go one of two ways with it...learn and adapt to make you a puddle of goo everytime he walks in, OR really take the dog...? LOL

Ms. Conduct  April 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

No, he doesn't. But don't worry. He reaps the benefits of my hockey lust. Gotta take it out on someone.

Sunshine36616  April 16, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

Nom nom nom I always knew fat was where it's at!

I think you and I share goalie fetishes in more than one regard. Of course I love hot goalies, but we also seem to like the same style. The aggressive, challenging goalie that comes out of the crease and handles the puck is what I love! I can appreciate an amazing technical goalie, too, but when the likes of Turco, Brodeur, Hedberg etc are on their game, they are so much more fun to watch.

Ms. Conduct  April 16, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

You would SO love my Brusty, Virginia.

hipchecks  April 17, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

You got me all excited with the blog title and then just kind of left me hanging. Something about Kipper and then Marty. I need more on Quick! :(

I get in trouble with my friends whenever he comes to Phoenix. haha But it was that first rookie game here a few years ago and I have been hooked ever since.

Ms. Conduct  April 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Not much more to say really other than declaring my love and whatnot. He's ah-mazing.

walkinvisible  April 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

i meant to do this yesterday....

kippy and his son aaro:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8901/78132080.jpg

awwww !!!!
:)

Ms. Conduct  April 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

His kid's a greasy little sieve, too. ;)

maalivahti  April 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Stabbed right in the goalie heart. You don't like Kipper? You're calling him names? Aaaaah!!! ;)

maalivahti  April 20, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Oh and as for Quick, I saw him a few times when he was with the Monarchs and got hooked. Totally love watching him. Sucks that he's on the west coast now bah!

Ms. Conduct  April 20, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

Sorry no. There's a heap of factors that aren't his fault, but tell me that the cosmos wants me to dislike him. So I'm listening to the cosmos. But his whole "start me or I'm not going" bit for the Olympics really REALLY chaps my ass. You earn that spot, bitch! He sucked and Backstrom is better and grrrrr. That pissed me right off.

maalivahti  April 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

I have to give you that the diva move for the Olympics was pretty douchy. But he's one of my favorite goalies to watch play. Ah well. I don't like Marty so we're even. :P

Ms. Conduct  April 21, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Dear God, woman! How do you not like Marty??? ;)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP