Monday, May 5, 2008

Saturday Skate on Sunday

Ended up skating on Sunday afternoon instead of Saturday night. Worked out pretty well since I was able to drop off my and Coach Stalin's skates for sharpening. I think my last sharpening job was a little whack, which is unfortunate because they'll do it while I wait, which is pretty nice given the 35 minute drive to the 'burbs. Oh well.

Anyway, I worked on a little of bit of everything and I feel like I'm starting to "get" stopping. I still suck at it and am scared of it (because it's taking about 6 weeks for my wrists to stop hurting after the two falls I've taken), but I'm getting there. I even forced myself to do shuffles with my dumb leg all the way up the ice. Boy is that hard. Phew.

Went to a concert last night and man, I'm tired today. And now I have to drive to Austin this evening for a 2 day seminar. Very much looking forward to the seminar, but not so much the drive, esp. being this tired. But hey, at least this trip will fill the gap between the end of the conference semi-finals and the start of the finals. :) Go Stars!

2 comments:

Jane   May 8, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

You need to post photos of yourself in all your goalie glory.

Ms. Conduct  May 8, 2008 at 11:27 PM  

Well, there's no goalie glory yet. Just me in skates trying not to fall while still trying to learn to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br8dfnnWL5k&feature=related

Trust me, when there's goalie glory to be seen, this blog will be LOUSY with it. It will be the end of the year before I'm ready to start accumulating gear though, other than my goalie skates. I need to be a much stronger, more skillful skater before I can handle the weight of the pads and the goalie movements.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP