Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Waterproof Mascara

Man, I'm really going through the tear-stained hankies with Brusty this season. Which is to say, he's back with Florida again. Au revoir, gardien beau. *le sigh*

The wonkiest part is that he actually has a better record (6-3-0-2 combined between Florida and Houston) than the other two goalies in Houston, and this is with most of his games behind an Everblades defense that is truly a hot mess at times.

And I don't mean like how the Aeros are a hot mess. "REALLY???" is what you're thinking watching them 50% of the time. It was blowing my mind to watch Brusty see 22 shots in a single PERIOD, while the Houston goalies were seeing that many or fewer in a whole game. It's a really tough proposition for a guy trying to earn his way back to the next level.

But he's healthy and in great shape (and not just in the "my, what strong thighs you must have" way) and playing well, but so is everyone above him, for the most part. Anton's in a slump, but I imagine they're gonna let him work it out, and Dubie is playing well/lucky. Hard to justify a change, regardless of your opinions on style, when it's the result that matters.

Anyway, Brusty is heading up to Reading, PA to meet the Blades on their current monster road trip. I was reading today that he holds the single-season win record for the Royals, winning 27 games in the 2004-05 season, his rookie year.

He also had 27 PIM in 45 games that season. Who's got two thumbs and loves a high-PIM goalie? This girl. Some good stories there, no doubt.

Awww, shit. Gonna miss you, B.

2 comments:

Sunshine36616  January 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

No way!!!! I'll see what I can do about getting some pics of him when they come through.

Ms. Conduct  January 13, 2010 at 12:01 AM  

Oh I'd love you forever. Not that I wouldn't anyway, but YKWIM.;)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP