Monday, January 25, 2010

Upside down, inside out, round and round

My first night back in the net after a couple of weeks off was a seriously rollercoaster affair. Started off letting in 3 of 4 shots, then settled in a bit and started making some saves.

Didn't see a ton of shots, then let one horrible HORRIBLE trickler in (fucked up depth perception... thanks stupid eyes!) and had several, if I may say so myself, rather sick saves that redeemed the night and forced me to not come home and consider retirement a la Brett Favre and that guy in Arizona with the too many kids. Warner. Yeah.

I'll tell you about one save and then I'm moving on to something else: Mikey on a breakaway. I challenge. He has to shoot. Right into my glove and batted down into my pads. OMG that felt gooood.

Also had a nice little series of saves where I stopped the original shot AND the rebound with my left pad. It was a sure goal but I got over.

Anyway, started cold, ended pretty hot, except Coach Dan got hurt, so I'm concerned for him.

The knee was pretty good all night except when I went down awkwardly by the post one time and jammed it up a little bit. It feels okay but it usually does after I play since it's numb and I'm jacked on adrenaline.

Still having the issue with my right pad, but I consciously adjusted it back to its proper position most of the night and found my butterfly to be more consistent. Such a weird thing. I'm wondering if even just loosening my straps would help.

I play SLICE tomorrow night, so I'm glad this was a bit faster tonight and I ended on a good note, so maybe I'll carry over the correct level of arousal (as Shaun the Mental Coach says) for that game from the start.

-------------------------

OMG enough of that. You know what's AWESOME after a game of hockey that you'd kinda rather forget?

Ruffies.

But I don't have any so, instead we're gonna drink our chocolate milk and look at pics of Brusty from this weekend. If that isn't a recipe for soothing the savage bitch, I dunno what is.

Much "I bow to thee" to friend of the blog and Everblades fan, Bethani Shilladay, for taking these great shots of Barry playing this weekend!

I'll kick it off with Friday's seriously sexy win:

Want.
(The FTM beard is coming along nicely.)

*sigh* Yes.

Tracking the puck into the corner.

Among the things Barry's always struck me as being particularly good at is his visual attachment to the puck. You can see this one getting batted around in mid-air. Not to worry. He's on it.

Here's another like that, with a great blocker save. No rebounds!


I'm not sure what exactly happened in these next two shots. The first one, the skaters are looking past Barry and the second, the puck is under the Gwinnett player.

Regardless, my favorite part is the lady in the background with her hand over her mouth. I spend most of Barry's games in person pretty much in that same state of OMGWTFBBQ.



------------------------------------------------


Um. Lucky crease.

-----------------------------------------

Here's another case of BITCH, DON'T RUN MY GOALIE!

Sweet buttered mercy.

ALL PHOTOS by Bethani "Superstar" Shilladay

Okay, that's all for tonight. I'll post Saturday's pics tomorrow, but I'm getting sleepyyyyyy.

I love how Diana Ross seemingly always has an industrial fan blowing on her. Suppose she's got a full time "Fan Guy"? Oh, to be Diana Ross.

4 comments:

LittleRedBeemer  January 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

I swear I laughed until my ribs hurt - which didn't take much since I've been sick for two weeks - but I love your commentary Heather!

As for the pics, the one where the Gwinnett player almost landed on the puck, Brusty had already poked it away. It was on it's way AWAY from the net (hooray!) and then the guy had the nerve to slide into Brust, but he shook it off.

You seriously need to take an early spring break and come visit Florida. = )

Ms. Conduct  January 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Awww, thanks. And thank you again for giving me something so fun to talk about. :)

LittleRedBeemer  January 25, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

No problem! We have a game Wednesday night and two this weekend. I will try to give you some more visuals to ease your bitterness of him not being in TX. = )

Unknown  January 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

hey ms.conduct, since you're a goalie, maybe you might like www.goaliecrease.net. check it out and come say hi!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP