Monday, January 25, 2010

Awesomest post ever. Or not. Whatever. You people are so demanding.

I was going to wait until later to post Saturday's Brusty pics from the lovely Ms. Shilladay, but my Google Alerts magically brought me this blog post and I though it was worth sharing (and frankly, I've got such a sieve for a brain, I'd forget about it if I didn't post it right now).

This guy takes sports road trips and blogs about them. Gives a pretty good idea of the scene if you're looking to take in a game somewhere, from costs to facilities to the game itself.

He's obviously a very smart man since he liked Brusty and I'm assuming a Leafs fan based on this quote:

I was also impressed by Brust (shown below), who was unruffled after giving up the early goal. Turns out he is down with Florida on a rehab assignment from the AHL, so maybe we will see him back in the NHL at some point. He can't be as bad as Vesa Toskala, can he?
Rehab shmeehab. But yeah. Brust > Toskala. Do it, Vegas.

What a sweet set up for Vesa though. Sure, he's a punchline now, but any time he does well, it's all, "yaaaay, you DID it, Vesa! Have a cookie!" Unlike a guy like Luongo, where Nuck fans start cutting themselves when he has a bad game. No pressure, big guy.

Okay, on to Saturday's Barry pictures. But first, did you know, Mr. Mill, that he's the top goalie in the league right now with a 9-2-2 record, 2.26 GAA, and .925 save %. Seems pretty healthy to me.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him get Goaltender of the Week for the ECHL this week, which I assure you will cause no shortage of cognitive dissonance for me. Nice honor but ohfuckI'msobitter.

My bitterness is this adorable kitten. Meow.


*Ahem* Anyway... On to the fabulous Mr. Brust in the Blades' 5-1 victory Saturday. Here's some music to swoon by.



I tried to do an animated GIF of this series of shots but after two laborious attempts suggesting to me how much more laborious it would be to actually do it so it looks as good as it deserves to look, fuck it. Scroll down fast and maybe it will look like an animation.

A little old school, two-pad stack action that turns into a manage-a-trois in the crease. How cozy.


---------------------------------

Close one.

Barry the Peacemaker makes a rare appearance during a scrum around his net.
Usually he's causing trouble. :D

Lucky Olson.
Next time I see Barry, I'm gonna pretend to wanna fight someone so he'll have to hold me back. OMG, that's a genius plan. Must remember to fight a guy, though, because no man is stopping a girl fight.

When I make a save like this, I'm thinking, "MY PUCK!" like a 6 year old. I'm so dumb.

Mmm-hmm, just like that.


GOAL.
Because goalies can't make saves with their teammates reclining on them.
Also, put your pointy little hand back in your pocket, ref. :P
-----------------------------

NO GOAL. Snack on that, bitches.

ALLLLLL PHOTOS by Bethani "Superwoman" Shilladay
(Thank you again, Beth!)

4 comments:

Unknown  January 26, 2010 at 3:23 AM  

Or is it laying?

Either way, get a room, guys!

artandhockey  January 26, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Yep, Olson, earned that hug! And another one also on Friday,when he did a cool defense without his stick as I mentioned in my blog...
alas my little 'pointnshoot' cannot show such beauties of pix... but as mementos they are OK and will be posted today on a follow up blogpost.

LitteRedBeemer  January 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Hey, I am renaming your blog in my favorites from Ms.Conduct to Ms.Psychic. Guess who is the ECHL goalie of the week? LOL You called it here first!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP