Sunday, December 27, 2009

Quick Hits: Concession, Sanitization, Monovision

I'll be a good sport and concede the Super Bowl to my buddy Kevin. I spent all day watching his stupid score run up while mine sat immobile because my team didn't show up today.

I mean, to a man, they all underachieved. So, hey, sometimes it's just not your day. Pretty sure I was lucky to even get as far as I got. Head to head competition is like that sometimes, though rarely does it go quite so much in my favor.

On the plus side, I did get an EPIC nap this afternoon. Wouldn't be surprised if I whimpered and kicked my hands and feet like Major does when he's really getting his nap on. Chasing goalies? Ha.

----------------

I also ordered up a new washer and dryer this afternoon. I used my mom's washer over Christmas and the "Sanitize" feature completely killed the funk in my chest protector, pants, and jock. And since Mr.C is forever belly-aching about my gear stinking up the garage and our current set is quite old and doesn't do all that good a job anymore, we got in on a good deal at Best Buy and got a new set.

Pretty excited about that, my friends. And I haaaate doing laundry, but I do a shit ton of it playing as much as I do. Waiting for a dryer that folds everything for me.

Total aside: OMG, this guy Keller on the Jets has the nicest ass I've seen since Aaron Voros. If I were home alone, I'd rewind and pause. If I gave a shit about football, I'd be a Jets fan now.

I feel old getting excited about a new washer. Does it make it cooler that I'm excited about it for hockey purposes?

-----------------------------

Speaking of old, I've got an eye doc appt out in Sugar Land on Tuesday morning. I'm kind of excited about it because this doc is supposed to be really good and I've definitely got eye issues.

They don't affect me much in normal life, but seeing the puck is kinda important and it does affect that. I found out how bad it was last year before I started playing, but the conversation went something like this with my old doc:

Me: "Soooo, my eyes are pretty messed up."
Doc: Noncommittal shrug and head bob

Me: "Well, the thing is that I'm a hockey player and I'm about to take up being a goalie, so.... you know... seeing the puck flying at me is important."
Doc: Sympathetic look

Me: *staring a hole through doc waiting for some kind of useful response*
Doc: "Here's some anti-Obama propaganda about how the Democrats are going to ruin the world. This is very serious business."

Me: "Uh huh" *mentally firing him*
Doc: "Okay, see you next year. Say hi to Mr. C!"

FAAAAAAAACK. You asshole!

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have plenty to report on Tuesday, as new doc is supposed to be much better and specializes in issues with vision for, um, athletes. Cuz, you know, I pretend to be one of those.

---------------------

No hockey for me tonight still. And Aeros game tomorrow. Back at it on Tuesday with the college boy drop-in. Can't wait! (No really! I ended up having a lot of fun last week! Bitches think they can skate in close and pop one around me? Ha. POKE!)

Though speaking of hockey boys, I ran across this article on CHRIS HOLT! getting sent back down to Elmira (after tearing it up in Bingo during his AHL call-up). Here's coach Don Nachbaur:

"They've all got to play. I can't keep three guys here. It just won't work that way. It doesn't mean (Holt is) going to be down there for a long time. We know he's played real well, but we want to keep our goaltenders sharp, and inactivity, they build up rust. And with three guys, I surely can't divvy that ice time up and be fair about it.

"Chris is a young guy, and he's played really well. We know that. And we'll see where the future takes us. But I don't expect him to be down long."
Hmmmm, sounds familiar. Welcome back to Ms.Conduct's Home for Homeless Goalies, Chris. We'll say it for you: "Really? Chiodo? Over me? REALLY?" We know. We understand. There there... *huuuuuuuu.... uuuuuuuuuuu..... uuuuuuuuuug*

------------------------

AHHHHH CRAP! I lost to Bourne in hockey, too! Shit. Now I gotta pay up.

7 comments:

KiPA - Kevin in PA  December 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Well, I did have the best team (record, offense) in the league so it's not like you lost to a team that theoretically you should've beaten.

Ms. Conduct  December 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Yeah, I don't feel bad about it at all. I'm more pissed about losing to Bourne.

KiPA - Kevin in PA  December 27, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

One funny thing is Austin said "good luck with that" when I drafted Brady. Well...

Another funny thing is I got almost no production from two of my top three picks (they're not even on my roster any more) and still rolled through the league.

Ms. Conduct  December 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Yeaaaahhhh, that's "funny"...

Aubrey  December 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

I don't see anything wrong with being excited about a new washer/dryer, for hockey or any other purposes. There's a set of big, shiny, cherry red LG's in our local appliance store that I lust after in the misguided hope that they would make laundry a less excruciatingly tedious chore.

The salesguys don't even bother coming over anymore. They just ignore me while I open and close the doors and fiddle with the buttons like I've never seen an e-lectric warsher before.

Ms. Conduct  December 29, 2009 at 12:59 AM  

LOL The ones we got do come in that glorious red color, but for $100 more? Nahhh.

I think I'm paranoid because I went through a really horrible domestic phase after I got married. Like, watched Martha Stewart and cooked dinner every night and painted the house and shit like that. Very inauthentic it turns out. Anything that hints back to that sort of raises my hackles a bit.

I unabashedly sing the glorious praises of my Dyson vacuum though. That's not even about domesticity. That's just good fucking sense to get one of those.

Fred Trask  December 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Well at least your old eye Dr was right about Obama ...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP