Thursday, December 17, 2009

... must come down

Oh boy am I in a rip-roaring pisser of a mood tonight. I got some of it out of my system through a little art therapy over at T3I and a little Dos Equis is taking the edge off, but I still feel like all the air's been sucked out of the room at the news that Brusty's going back to Florida Thursday.

Okay, I lied. It's like, a LOT of Dos Equis, so I'm drunk blogging while I watch John Tortorella being all defensive in his post-game presser on On the Fly. Awesome. The edge is pretty well fucking gone. I'm still sad about Brusty leaving though, but I'm not on the verge of crying anymore. Kevin Weekes is so hot.

Prolly should have had more for dinner. HA! Yeah.

Anyway, speaking of dinner, we're sitting at El Rey freaking Taqueria on Washington Ave. before the game and this dude with an ear piece comes in. You know the kind with the curly pigtail (the earpiece, not the guy). So I go, "Oh, he looks like secret service!" And my dinnermates are all, "Pfft. No."

Well, guess who fucking walks in the door! Barbara Bush! And behind her? George Bush! I guess they like the Cuban food, eh? It was quite a thing. If you've been to this El Rey (or maybe any El Rey), you get how completely surreal it is to be sitting 10 feet away from a former president there. Very cool.

God it sucks when your own defenseman puts a puck past you.

Bettman's head is SO WAY TOO BIG for his body. He should have more cheeseburgers and even it out.

Cheeseburger sounds tasty. Maybe a bigger head would make me look skinny.

HEY! My friend David got my car working! She's still a little grumpy to start but at least I know it can be done. Something is wrong with the fuel system. Not sure what. Need to call mechanic in the morning.

Ohhhh, my bottle is empty. One more XX left in the fridge. YEAHHHH..... Sign me up. Aren't you having fun reading this?

So I have this rule about not drinking alone, but I have permission from my gal in goalietutde, Nicky, to count chatting with someone as not drinking alone. Oh look, now I'm chatting with her! Sweet! Virtual drinkin' buddy. Win!

Okay, that was a lot of beer in not a lot of time. Tomorrow is going to be a hateful thing, but at least I don't feel like kicking the dog anymore. Phew. Yay for good bad influences. ;)

Good morning, y'all!

11 comments:

Goody  December 17, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Love the drunk-post!

I had dinner with the Governor once. If him and his wife sitting at the next table counts as "having dinner with". He had his back toward the room and I never would have known (the margaritas didn't help) it was him except for the guy sitting by the door pretending to read the paper. After seeing that, I looked around and recognized the Governor's wife.

So, in the same way that I had dinner with the Governor, you can now say that you had dinner with President GHW Bush.

Anonymous  December 17, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Check one of these out:

1200 Blalock Road, Houston - (713) 468-9103
3217 Iola Street, Houston - (713) 649-9437
126 Forest Hill Boulevard, Houston - (713) 928-7121

Ms. Conduct  December 17, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Thanks anon, but seeing as how I drink maaaaaybe once a month, to excess maaaaaybe 3x a year, I'm pretty sure AA isn't necessary.

But OMG did that hit the spot last night!

Goody, yeah, I'm totally saying I had dinner with the Bushes! It really is a spectacle to watch the entourage roll in.

LadyByngsLoveChild  December 17, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Re: the Kevin Weeks is so hot comment.

I have a weird thing for hockey analysts as well as goalies. He's is the perfect combination all wrapped up in one super hot package. He's the only reason I watch On The Fly beyond the Pens or Panthers highlights.

artandhockey  December 17, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Seems we all have had, at one time or another, encounters with the Secret Service guys, instantly detectable by their earplus and wires down to chest pockets.:-).
Let me tell you about that time (when as former member of the Consular Corps..even if only an Honorary), but then I'll save THAT to a face to face encounter ...takes up too much time and I'm late for the pool! LOL

Ms. Conduct  December 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Yeah, actually Kelly Hrudey is the only other analyst who winds me up, so I guess it's really just goalies for me.

Looking forward to the secret service story! :)

Michael Cangemi  December 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Drunk posting? Who would do such a thing?

*Looks at his own site*

Oh. Carry on, then.

Ms. Conduct  December 17, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Ha! I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now, but I'm usually OUT when drinking that much.

My living room looks like I had a pretty good party at 2 a.m....

Ms. Conduct  December 17, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

I know, right? LOL I'm such a lush.

Snikpip  December 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

My drinking has led me to AA meetings before...APA. Every Thursday night at Stubby's bar! And I was getting pretty good at my pool game. Alas, that dud at Pennsylvania Avenue (oops, I meant "dude", I think) put a stop to it. Takes a good chunk of change to play your pool matches and drink while everybody else on your team is playing their matches. {sigh}

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP