Sunday, May 31, 2009

Coach Stalin Out-Stalined Herself

So, I'm not sure I've blogged about this yet, but there's a conspiracy going on between Scott TFCG and Coach Stalin to get me to be not quite such a sucky goalie.

I love them both for it. I'm certainly not one of those "self-starters" who gets off on torturing myself with exercise, so I need someone to push the buttons and get me going. In fact, apparently, I need TWO people.

Coach Stalin is in charge of off-ice training. And she has started me on a running program 3 times a week, and on non-running days, she's got me doing ab work. Yay.

We had our first ab session yesterday and while it was strenuous at points, I thought, "Oh, it won't be so bad tomorrow."

Well, 8 a.m. arrived today (after an evening of swilling beer and beer-related concoctions) and I knew before I even got out of bed that I was Oh So Wrong. And I've been grunting around all day as a result. My back hurts, my neck hurts, my abs hurt in places I didn't know I had abs, my goddamn armpits hurt... And I have Scott coming to torture my lower half tonight at hockey practice.

So, it's all good, but man am I in a world of hurt today. I just hope I can balance on my skates with every last one of my core muscles in revolt. At least my legs feel good. For now.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP