Thursday, May 21, 2009

Equipment Manager for Hire

I'm assuming part of the job of an equipment manager is to understand how stuff like goalie knee pads work upon opening the package, because us players are too dumb to figure it out.

In which case, an equipment manager might have saved me 15 minutes of trying put my new knee pads on backwards. Now before you think I'm THAT stupid, no, I wasn't trying to put them on the backs of my knees.

They've got a garter belt they're attached to and I had that going front to back instead of back to front. It was clearly wrong but I was having a spatial meltdown trying to figure out what was right. In my defense, I'm terminally sleep-deprived until the Aeros season is over. Then I'm sleeping for 3 days straight. Do not call unless you have a paying hockey-writing gig for me.

Meanwhile, these bad boys have FOUR straps that go around the leg. It's too many once you add the knee lock from the pads to the scenario, so I've already rigged it so that there's only 3 and it seems pretty stable. Did a few drops in them on carpet and it seems pretty good. I'll probably need to take one of the knee stacks off my pads to deal with the bulk, but I'll try the whole bottom half on tomorrow at public skate and see what adjustments I need to make, then try them out for real at the stick and puck after (which I hope is lightly attended so I don't have to fuck with a scrimmage).

The hips/groin are still a bit tender doing certain things after Sunday's workout. I think it will feel good to get on the ice again and stretch that stuff out.

---------------------

For once, I'll spare T3I my slobbering, but this is too good to not re-post for the ladies in the house. Dane "Mr." Crowley talking about being on the Black Ace squad during playoffs and what his days are like as a perma-scratch. Sweet baby Jesus... what a hunk.

6 comments:

Jennifer Hammer  May 22, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Crowley was a Dub boy, played for Everett so I was required to hate him. but rawr.

Ally  May 22, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

I watched that video and ooohhh...he's a keeper! Do you think Joe did the interview while Crowley was in his underarmor on purpose just for us ladies out here? If he did, extra kudos for you Joe O'Donnell!

Ms. Conduct  May 22, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Ha! Ally, I was hoping they'd continue the interview right into the shower. But yes, props to Joe for catching him in his gitch.

beware the bear(ds)  May 22, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

I do not Twitter (is that right expression?) but I did happen to read your 'Twit'ment (teehee) re Mathieu Beaudoin..
Need I remind that I for one, always thought highly of his talents, ever since January!

AerosFan  May 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

i know this is slightly off topic but its bothering me majorly.its funny how it took like half the season for Matt Beaudoin to get noticed.hello--He scored the first hat trick of the season on his second month with the team,that should have sent some bells ringing to people.

hipcheck  May 24, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

rawr that was a nice video clip.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP