Monday, March 30, 2009

Quick Hits: Let's Talk About Love; interesting new way in which Clutter is awesome

Mitch has his 15th blog post up today.

-------------------

I'm not much of a stats/numbers person so this post kinda makes my head hurt, but what I'm getting from it is that in a ratio of penalties drawn to penalties taken, Cal is third in the league in terms of positive contributions by drawing more than he takes.

Am I correct in thinking that's pretty impressive? Or am I just easily impressed? (I realize the two are not mutually exclusive so "both" is an appropriate response.)

UPDATE: Also, Buddha informs me there's a Clutter fan club on Facebook. It's a little odd, but whatever. I'm in.

Another UPDATE: Here's an interview with Cal by my hero Kevin Falness (he starts about 1/3rd of the way in, but go ahead and listen to Scotty's interview first because he's a doll, too). Anyway, kid's tired. Imagine that. I really don't know how even averagely physical guys survive a season in one piece, but especially a wrecking ball type of guy like Cal.

2 comments:

BReynolds  March 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

Maybe you should start your own C-buck fan club. Would be way cooler than that one.

And the penalties drawn to penalties taken is one of those new "Moneyball" type stats. Good stuff.

Ms. Conduct  March 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

I gotcher fan club right here, baby! Read the blog and you're in.

I have no clue what you're talking about there with a "moneyball type stat"... care to give it to me in crayon?

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP