Monday, March 30, 2009


So, I got into a bit of a heated thing in Russoville the other day surrounding southern NHL teams and their value as fan bases. I found myself getting hot under the collar at the notion that Nashville is at or near the top of the heap for getting relocated and realized I really like this team more than I thought.

I don't pay super close attention to them through the season, especially now that I don't get to watch as many random Center Ice games, but I keep tabs on them through Preds blogs and other news. And James Mirtle had a terrific interview with Steve Sullivan today that I think really gives legs to the argument I've been making that Nashville has some of the best fans in the league, they're a loveable team, they're a happy team, it seems.

They're definitely the team I'll make a point to watch in the playoffs, and I think the league and fans of the league need to quit belly aching about them and give them a chance to succeed. Pour your haterade on Florida or Atlanta if you need to rag on a southern team.


buddhafisch  March 30, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

Way to stand up for your squad!

You know me... I am a Preds convert after reading and talking to the boys over at Preds on the Glass.

No haterade here. Pure northern state hockey superiority biias holding love for the Preds.


theviewfrom111  March 30, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Thanks for the love. Nice to see some levelheaded opinions besides what we hear from the hockey snobs.

Anonymous  March 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

I have to admit I started paying attention to the Predators because of Joel Ward and became a fan in spite of Jordin Tootoo (just can't like him).

Ms. Conduct  March 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Well, I'm a Texan, View, so I've got absolutely no basis for being a snob. :)

hipcheck  April 1, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

I used to be a Nashville lover, and always cheering for them to do well. Not so much anymore. :(

  © Blogger templates Psi by 2008

Back to TOP