Monday, March 30, 2009

Nashville

So, I got into a bit of a heated thing in Russoville the other day surrounding southern NHL teams and their value as fan bases. I found myself getting hot under the collar at the notion that Nashville is at or near the top of the heap for getting relocated and realized I really like this team more than I thought.

I don't pay super close attention to them through the season, especially now that I don't get to watch as many random Center Ice games, but I keep tabs on them through Preds blogs and other news. And James Mirtle had a terrific interview with Steve Sullivan today that I think really gives legs to the argument I've been making that Nashville has some of the best fans in the league, they're a loveable team, they're a happy team, it seems.


They're definitely the team I'll make a point to watch in the playoffs, and I think the league and fans of the league need to quit belly aching about them and give them a chance to succeed. Pour your haterade on Florida or Atlanta if you need to rag on a southern team.

6 comments:

BReynolds  March 30, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

Way to stand up for your squad!

You know me... I am a Preds convert after reading and talking to the boys over at Preds on the Glass.

No haterade here. Pure northern state hockey superiority biias holding love for the Preds.

;-)

Anonymous  March 30, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Thanks for the love. Nice to see some levelheaded opinions besides what we hear from the hockey snobs.

Anonymous  March 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

I have to admit I started paying attention to the Predators because of Joel Ward and became a fan in spite of Jordin Tootoo (just can't like him).

Ms. Conduct  March 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Well, I'm a Texan, View, so I've got absolutely no basis for being a snob. :)

hipcheck  April 1, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

I used to be a Nashville lover, and always cheering for them to do well. Not so much anymore. :(

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP