Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Robbed and ransacked

I broke down and got an iced mocha this morning. I knew I'd regret it later but it tasted so good, and for about 15 minutes, man, I felt like I could conquer the world if I needed to.

But I already feel like I'm coming out of my skin a little bit. Urgh. So, I'll blog to distract myself, eh?

Played drop-in last night and as great as my legs felt Monday night, boy were they tired last night. Every time I recovered from going down, my legs whispered, "You suck and we hate you" in my ear.

But the organizers were very accommodating and set it up so I had my own net all night, which took away some of the sting of missing the third period and OT and shootout of an incredible Aeros game. Definitely got my sweat on and made a few nice saves. Had lots of trouble with my right pad though. Dammit. And now my left pad is not flipping up occasionally. Wish I had an ounce of athleticism... this shouldn't be so difficult.

One funny thing is that I think the guys I'm playing with are starting to get used to me now. On both Monday and Tuesday I had guys breaking the Avery Rule at the top of my crease. And then on one particularly nice goal against last night, the kid even did the Ovechkin hot stick celebration. :)

I dunno, I guess some goalies would get pissed about that stuff, but for me, it reminds me to just have fun and lighten up, so I don't mind. Though the one guy doing the Avery shit last night did almost get nutted. He persisted a little too long so I started swinging the stick a little bit and reminded him that I know exactly where his nuts are. He got the picture, but he did not get the goal. Ha.

Nothing too crazy last night though. I was tired and worn down from being sick and playing 3 nights in a row, so there was some slowness on my part, but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. I protected my 5-hole a lot better, made one really nice save with the shaft of my stick, stopped some of the better guys even on some breakaways, etc. so I feel okay about it, all things considered.

I'm gonna have to learn to start catching some of these shots at my chest though. I keep getting crushed in the boobs and that hurts. I need an armored bra. But at least I know I'm square to the puck. :)

The bruise from Monday on my inner thigh is a real sight though. It's gonna be around a while, I can tell. I'm gonna wear skirts as often as possible so I can show it off. It's quite literally in the shape of a moving puck. Just gonna get "Made in Slovakia" tattooed there.

Instead, I offer you a picture of the scene I came home to just after midnight last night. I think my boy had a party on the sofa in my office while I was gone. I thought for a second we'd been robbed and ransacked...

"Why are you laughing?"

Oh, I'm loving this song. Great mellow vibe.

3 comments:

artandhockey  October 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Boy obviously misses MOMMA! So he acts up...

FinnFlair  October 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Has the craze of strip hockey arrived to Houston yet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4600688&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

(from Boise, Idaho)

Be sure to call the city hotline if you see any of this.

Ms. Conduct  October 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Someone better call me if it does arrive.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP