Saturday, October 17, 2009

Get Heat Stroke Like the Pros

First of all, kudos to Aeros players, especially goalies, who manage to stay lucid for an entire game at the Toyota Center. Maybe the heat is what got to Montoya last night? :)

I didn't play my best today and I'm disappointed with my game. We would have won or at least tied if I'd taken care of a couple of soft (aka stupid) goals. And it would have been worse than 8-6 if not for some generous whistles. I won't say how much worse.

I let the line-up of the other team get in my head right away. Sutton, Mikey, Pata, Jessica. *gulp* So right away, my mental game was not in a confident, FU place. (I need to hang around Dimples, pop the collar up, strut around...) But I'm taking it as a learning opportunity. I had an awesome poke check on Sutton late in the game that made me pretty proud. I can beat those guys. I just have to jump out there and do it.

So, it is what it is. I'm glad I did it, I'm glad I didn't barf on the ice or in Chilly's dressing room (yes, I had to change with both the Beaver and the Dog's heads lying around the room. Urgh.) But I'm happy to go back to less expensive, less toasty venues. :)

Novice is a new season tomorrow night, a practice, so I'm looking forward to maybe getting a few minutes during skating drills to work on the pad flip thing and some other stuff that I don't get much time for generally.

Meanwhile, Aeros tonight, where if I get through the night without falling asleep on my laptop or tweeting something really inappropriate for T3I, I'll consider it a success.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP