Friday, November 7, 2008

Wild v. Colorado - 11/06

I still hate Colorado and their fans from the playoffs last season. So, the Wild's game against them last night was something of a catharsis. Ian Laperrier got soundly and quickly whupped, as we say down here, by Craig Weller and, man, that felt good. I know Lappy's a good guy if he's on your team but he isn't on my team, so he can suck it.

And it was great to get what I would call a pretty decisive win. Cal didn't get an official star of the game, but he got one of the Strib's three stars.

3. Cal Clutterbuck, Wild: Four more hits gives the physical right winger a team-high 37 in 10 games.

Backs was Off. The. Hook. as he has been pretty much all season except the one game I got to see in person. Not that I'm bitter or anything. But anyway, the team needs to forget about Gaby for now and get that goalie signed. Hards doesn't have it like Backs has it, I don't think. Tired of waiting on Hards to be "the goalie of the future."

And Pouliot got another goal, and the "I Told You So"s are starting. He does look to be responding to Lemaire & Co. and had a good game last night. Having good games has never been his problem though. It's been stringing good games together instead of going invisible after he feels like he's "done enough." To me, this is his first game where he looked like he belonged up there. So, lets see how it goes before we get out the silver polish and start shining the Calder for him, eh?

(And I'm editing to add that, while I'm happy he's scoring goals and making the Wild better, there is a part of me that just makes me SO angry that he couldn't be bothered to do this in the AHL. We needed his offensive talent SO BADLY last season in Houston and he just floated and floated. If there's a part of me that does want him to stink it up in Minny, it stems from that. I feel like Jennifer Aniston... Brad Pitt didn't want to make babies with me but he'll go off with Angelina and have 10 kids. Bastard.)

Anyway, poor Mr. Conduct is sick and has been up all night coughing. I finally got out at about 4:30 and got him some cough drops that seem to have quieted him right now. Wish I'd done that about 8 hours ago before I took Benedryl and then got about 3 very interrupted hours of sleep. Guess I'll put On the Fly on and try and pass out on the couch for a while.

7 comments:

hipcheck  November 7, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

Oh, love Craig Weller. I was so sad to see him go and sad that he didn't play last Saturday in Phoenix.

I thought Backstrom was signed? Didn't they extend him not this summer, but the one before that? When what's his name realized he lost his job? Dang it, my mind isn't working for me!

Ms. Conduct  November 7, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

I'll be honest with you... Weller hasn't shown me much yet. That fight was the first thing he's done that I'd call a real contribution. He's not getting much done in regular play. Maybe it's just taking some time to adjust to the system. Plus he's on the fourth line with Boogaard.

Backs' contract is ending this season, so he'll be a UFA. Need to lock him up.

John Royal  November 7, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

Now, in defense of Mr. Pitt, it was my understanding that he wanted kids but that Ms. Anniston wanted to focus on her career.

But what do I know. I've always like Angelie Jolie better anyway.

Ms. Conduct  November 7, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

To be honest, I have no idea what went down there (the only gossip I pay attention to is who hockey players are dating), but I like JA better than AJ so I have always assumed Bradley was the villain.

Though given my feelings about having kids (never ever), I was clearly really deliriously tired when I drew that comparison. But I think I made my point. He talked like he was committed in Houston, but he obviously wasn't.

hipcheck  November 7, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

Weller is not going to be an offensive threat, but he was a good team guy here. He would stand up for anyone but only when truely needed (and he's got some poer behind his punches). Someone needs to teach that guy to screen goalies though. He did it one game in Phoenix with awesome results, but I never saw him do it again.

And I would have to agree with you, JA is better than AJ. And I never really got the whole Brad Pitt is hot thing either.

Ms. Conduct  November 7, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

Yeah, I knew he wasn't going to be an offensive threat, but I figured I'd see him banging bodies a little more. Though perhaps next to Clutterbuck, everybody looks like they're standing still in the hits dept. :)

Brad Pitt=WAY overrated as a beefcake, no doubt.

AJ  November 9, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

Hey, not all Colorado fans are terrible people. Besides, the Wild and their fans rattled some serious cages with Game 5 of the playoff series last year. Unfortunately, the majority of the Colorado fans posting on the internet were...not so brilliant.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP