Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fantasy Hockey: Week 7

Le sigh.

Well, 1 out of 3 ain't THAT bad I guess, right? This was still kind of a disappointing week in fantasy land.

I really wanted to win my Wild Message Board match-up this week and I didn't even come close. It was 5-6 but his goalies didn't play enough for their stats to count, and knowing my goalies, I'm sure I would have lost those categories, too. I did, however, win the PIM, and if you can only win one category, I'm happy with it being PIM. I'm now sitting at 15 of 20 in that league, which is pretty bad. But I dumped Fedoruk for Boedker, so while my PIM will suck, maybe I'll get some better stats out of the guy.

I'm ranked 8 of 10 in the Wildbloggers league. Probably time to look at my roster and see if there's room for improvement. I lost 2-6 this week but might have tied if my goalies hadn't sucked. Damn goalies.

BUT in the Russoville league, I seem to have stumbled onto some luck and am all the way up at #2 after toiling in the basement for a couple of weeks early on. I'm pretty pleased with that. It was a close match-up in almost every category and could have gone either way, but I got the win 9-5. But there isn't much separating the teams so I could fall into the abyss again pretty easily.

I also won my football this week by just a couple of points, and upon looking at the rankings, I see I'm in third and I've clinched a playoff spot! Sweet. I didn't even know that. So... cool! Thank you, Drew Brees!

6 comments:

BReynolds  November 26, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

Blah blah blah...

9-5 this week in the Russoville league. Gee... I wonder who you beat?

You may have won the battle Ms. C, but I shall take the war! Or, more likely, end up crying in the corner yet again.

Kirsten  November 26, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

I have done practically nothing in all my leagues this season. I should probably get on that. I'm not even running my own football teams. I bribed someone to do that for me. Is that cheating?

KiPA - Kevin in PA  November 26, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

I guess it's not quite cheating. It's your team to do with as you wish. I know a guy who brought in a co-manager (me, in two cases, but he's done it in others) to run the team.

Ms. Conduct  November 26, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

It's not cheating but you're really more of an owner than a manager at that point.

KiPA - Kevin in PA  November 26, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

That's what my friend and I joked when he made me co-manager of his teams last season - he said he was the owner and I was the GM.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP