Saturday, April 5, 2008

Another one of those nights

The dog barking on the balcony woke me up at 1:30 and I haven't been able to get back to sleep yet. *yawn* And of course, when I wake up in the night and hockey enters my thoughts, especially during a critical stretch such as the one the Aeros are on, there's no hope of sleeping for a while. Maybe I'll sleep better when the season is over. :) I can't imagine what it's like for the coaches and players who actually DO the work. All I do is sit around and daydream about it.

Doesn't help that I didn't get a workout in yesterday. My back was hurting so badly from the yoga on Thursday. Really just soreness but teetering on the brink between bad sore and good sore. Very uncomfortable. So I gave myself a break.

I was considering going to spinning this (Saturday) morning, but I've got things to do around the house that I'd rather focus on and since I only skated once this week, I'd like to hit a real rink. As usual, Sugarland still has the March calendar up, but I think I'll go to Willowbrook anyway. Haven't been there in a while. Maybe. I dunno. I definitely prefer the ice at SLICE. Might call and check on their hours. Probably should consider their frequent skater card since that seems to be our preferred weekend ice lately.

I've also declared that I'm taking my birthday off and I'm going skating. April 25th if anyone needs to buy a gift. I really want this. It looks cheesy but the goalie board folks swear by it, and apparently they even offer a booklet of goalie-specific stretches. Nice!

Feeling sleepy again. Gonna give it a shot.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP